• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Physics P1 and P2: Discussi0n

Reaction score
jafar said:
AlteredTuning said:
in section B, ques. no 1 (that graph one)...was the t2 (final time) time given as t =4secs or 'after 4 seconds' ??? :S
nd wat was the final time in the graph, 4 secs or 4.6 secs????

The graph was to be made like this :
Graph.bmp

Yar i have a confusion in this one they asked us to draw the graph as the car brakes so it means we have to omit the first 0.6s of thinking distance and start from 0s to 4s by a straight line.
Please correct me if i am wrong.

Reaction score
Guys! I have a couple of questions I want to ask.
Can anybody tell me the answer to the pressure MCQ? Was it 18 cm above atm or 9 cm? I believe it is 9 cm.. How can it be 18 cm?
Also, there was a MCQ of an Extension-Load Graph. Was the answer to that OP or P? I think it was a repeat question and I wrote Op cuz' I remember it being OP. Am I correct?
P2:
What was the answer to the last part of Q1? The 700m displacement question. I wrote that the car might have returned to the position it left from so the displacement would have been zero. Am I correct?

What was the experiment of the radioactive emission thing?

I forgot to give an example in Sec B Q1C(I think it was the C part) in which they asked about how the friction would change. I only wrote that due to friction, the braking distance would decrease as it would pose a greater resistance. Will it be correct?

In the sound wala question in SEC B Q2..Was the C to be made in the middle of R and the transmitter? And was it supposed to be slightly bigger than R and slightly shorter than the transmitter?

One last question..if I get 22/30 in p4..35/40 in P1 and 65/75 in P2..will I get an A? THANKS! :mrgreen:

Reaction score
Balaj Hassan said:
jafar said:
AlteredTuning said:
in section B, ques. no 1 (that graph one)...was the t2 (final time) time given as t =4secs or 'after 4 seconds' ??? :S
nd wat was the final time in the graph, 4 secs or 4.6 secs????

The graph was to be made like this :
Graph.bmp

Yar i have a confusion in this one they asked us to draw the graph as the car brakes so it means we have to omit the first 0.6s of thinking distance and start from 0s to 4s by a straight line.
Please correct me if i am wrong.

thats da same thing i think and did

Reaction score
Re:

VDthewarrior said:
Can anybody tell me the answer to the pressure MCQ? Was it 18 cm above atm or 9 cm? I believe it is 9 cm.. How can it be 18 cm?
Also, there was a MCQ of an Extension-Load Graph. Was the answer to that OP or P? I think it was a repeat question and I wrote Op cuz' I remember it being OP. Am I correct?
P2:
What was the answer to the last part of Q1? The 700m displacement question. I wrote that the car might have returned to the position it left from so the displacement would have been zero. Am I correct?

I forgot to give an example in Sec B Q1C(I think it was the C part) in which they asked about how the friction would change. I only wrote that due to friction, the braking distance would decrease as it would pose a greater resistance. Will it be correct?

In the sound wala question in SEC B Q2..Was the C to be made in the middle of R and the transmitter? And was it supposed to be slightly bigger than R and slightly shorter than the transmitter?

One last question..if I get 22/30 in p4..35/40 in P1 and 65/75 in P2..will I get an A? THANKS! :mrgreen:

1. it was 18cm above atmospheric
2.it was P.. nd yes it was a repeat ..
3.dont know anything acurate abt tht .. but in the second journey it stated it covered a DISTANCE of 700m( dont remember exact) so i wrote tht as distance is a scalar quantity it wont hav any resultant..
4.we ahd to explain using GM tube..
5.there wre marks for an examle .. so i guess u'll lose 1 out of 2 ..
dont know the last two ..

Reaction score
the Question regarding parachute energy conversion was
gravitational potential energy ----------------> kinetic energy !!!!

look guys i know the mass and Velocity of parachute was constant but this does not mean that gravitational potential energy is not converting into kinetic energy ,,this means that there is a constant rate at which gravitational potential energy is changing into kinetic energy .!!

secondly there was also change of gravitational potential energy into heat but it was negligible as compared to kinetic energy .!

Reaction score
momen said:
the Question regarding parachute energy conversion was
gravitational potential energy ----------------> kinetic energy !!!!

look guys i know the mass and Velocity of parachute was constant but this does not mean that gravitational potential energy is not converting into kinetic energy ,,this means that there is a constant rate at which gravitational potential energy is changing into kinetic energy .!!

secondly there was also change of gravitational potential energy into heat but it was negligible as compared to kinetic energy .!

m not sure but you seem to be right .!!!

Reaction score
what momen said is not true

tell me that if the P.E is being converted to K.E at a constant rate, even then the K.E is not increasing but remaining the same.That means that the K.E is also being converted to Heat. They asked for PRINCIPLE CHANGE which would then be P.E to Heat

Reaction score
Re:

VDthewarrior said:
P2:

It was 9cm ABOVE
it was OP
It cud hav gone 350N den 350S, overall 0 displacement
In radiactive experiment we has to use diffusion cloud chamber

Reaction score
Re: Re:

jafar said:
VDthewarrior said:
P2:

It was 9cm ABOVE
it was OP

Jafar
it was 18cm ABoVE

Reaction score
Re: Re:

jafar said:
VDthewarrior said:
P2:

It was 9cm ABOVE
it was OP

it was 18 cm above
it was p
G-M tube could also be used

Reaction score
yea sorry wrote 9 cm by mistake,

nd in the propotionality question, the range was asked, not the limit,

Reaction score
book worm said:
what momen said is not true

tell me that if the P.E is being converted to K.E at a constant rate, even then the K.E is not increasing but remaining the same.That means that the K.E is also being converted to Heat. They asked for PRINCIPLE CHANGE which would then be P.E to Heat

P.E to Heat is 100 %
wrong .!

i have confirmed it from akhter mehmood my acdmy sir.!!

Reaction score
i spent bout 5 mins on this question bro.....
was gonna do P first, but den read the question carefully nd chose OP

Reaction score
jafar said:
i spent bout 5 mins on this question bro.....
was gonna do P first, but den read the question carefully nd chose OP

yes the range was askhed 100 %