• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Physics P1 and P2: Discussi0n

Reaction score
momen said:
book worm said:
what momen said is not true

tell me that if the P.E is being converted to K.E at a constant rate, even then the K.E is not increasing but remaining the same.That means that the K.E is also being converted to Heat. They asked for PRINCIPLE CHANGE which would then be P.E to Heat

P.E to Heat is 100 %
wrong .!

i have confirmed it from akhter mehmood my acdmy sir.!!

then it must be right coz that man cant be wrong.....hes the best physics teacher ever :D :D

Reaction score
momen said:
jafar said:
i spent bout 5 mins on this question bro.....
was gonna do P first, but den read the question carefully nd chose OP

yes the range was askhed 100 %

the range was not asked but the LIMIT was asked...i also read it several times

Reaction score
ook whatever was written its not sure but what has happened has happened and now only the
result matters coz u cant change anything now :)

Reaction score
well guys it was ...the limit of proportionality...so it is P...

and due to constant speed potential energy will change into kinetic energy in the mcq

Reaction score
@ M.Usman Khan: Both are right.
Let us all concentrate on our next important subjects- Bio, Math and AddMath!!!

Reaction score
hey dont be tense Jafar....Maths and ADDmaths r easy.....

bio might require some knowledge but the other two r concept based .....so they r a piece of cake....

dont get tense...tension makes u lose marks!!!!!!!

Reaction score
jafar said:
yea sorry wrote 9 cm by mistake,

nd in the propotionality question, the range was asked, not the limit,

Yep, the range was asked in its answer was OP. This was a repeated question, though. :)

Reaction score
the limit was asked check o/n 06 qp1 and the ans is p.now i hav providewd the evidence

Reaction score
The principal energy conversion in MCQ number 13 was from Gravitational Potential to Heat. Kinetic was a popular choice, but since the parachutist was travelling with constant speed, the Kinetic Energy that his body possessed was also at a constant value. The increasing air resistance was due to the potential energy being converted to heat energy of the air.

Cheers.

Reaction score
Regarding the energy conversion question if anyone has doubts please check June09 physics p2 Q1/part c ...you can check the mark scheme...the answer is potential to heat energy...

Reaction score
yes... the potential energy is consumed against work against friction(air resistance) this increases the temperature of air

Reaction score
i also agree tht bio's ppr is gona be tough ! P6 was also a bit tough and out of the patern .. i mean there was no magnification ! its worth of 15 free marks ..!
nd in extension graph.. limit was askked.. answer was P. . . it was a repeat question .. word to word same .. !

Reaction score
thank you farrukh.. this was what i was searching for that you found.

The change is from P.E to Heat/Internal Energy/Thermal Energy/K.E of AIR acording to the marking scheme

Reaction score
thnk God its proven .otherwise everyone was gona fight over it until the next ppr ...

Reaction score
Yeah thank God it's been finally confirmed, stop fighting over it now.. Its P.E > Heat..!!! Can't argue with the marking scheme .