• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Physics P1 and P2: Discussi0n

Reaction score
manometer: 18 cm more than atmosphere

fuse would blow..it was option b

fission results in a smaller nuclei and fusion powers stars

we assume that lightning comes to us instantaneously and sound with 300 m/s......Option B

Reaction score
Mobeen said:
i dont understand it .. but i also did it - to + cuz in past pprs i was doin a capacitor question the answer was opposite the conventional curent.. in the case of capacitor only .. i dont know why this hapens but acording to mark scheme its - to +
This Q which you are talking about is the Q36 in the Nov 2006 paper. Here it is from - to + because they ask for the path taken by the electrons. Electrons always travel from - to +, so the correct answer would be from - to +.
The Capacitor Q is an exact repeat of Q37 in the June 2004 Paper. Here they ask for the direction of the Conventional current ( which is ALWAYS from + to -) when the capacitor is charging. Therefore the arrow directions have to be 1 and 3.
Hope you understood....

Reaction score
confirm me some of the answers of the first question of section B regarding kinematics.

1.when car was loaded and when unloaded, what must be kept same in both and why loaded car has more braking distance?
2. what was the effect on braking distance due to road conditions, which ideas of friction has to be used.

what was the deceleration and the force. deceleration was 5 m/s^2 and force was 4500N. is these rite......?????????

Reaction score
the initial speed when the brakes were appliad should be the same....more braking distance coz of grater inertia

if the road was slippery then there would be less friction and less opposing force would be produced

the last 2 are correct

Reaction score
the graph 2 b drawn was supposed to include thinking distance too?cuz it said draw da graph as da car brakes.

Reaction score
Aizen said:
the graph 2 b drawn was supposed to include thinking distance too?cuz it said draw da graph as da car brakes.

see the thread, you will find the correct graph posted........

Reaction score
hey guys i made a blunder. i will mingled up the directions of east and west in p2 Q1. how much marks were there for the question. will it be fully wrong????

Reaction score
it was of 3 markx but i thnk you would get 1 mark for the scale value if it was appropriate...!!

Reaction score
xcalibur said:
For the first question of paper 2. I got the angle 22` but what was supposed to be the direction?
I wrote 22` North-East
i only wrote the direction

Reaction score
haris_93 said:
what about the fuse question??? was it A ....excess charge would be earthed and the fuse would not blow or B ...the fuse would blow????
i chose A.....
it was B as the fuse blows when larger current flows through it....

Reaction score
:( can anyone tell me if i got 15 deducted in p2 and my p1 and p4 were very good can i get an A
and what is the answer to the cracks one in ultra sound qs. Will it be nearer to the sent pulse?? plz answer

Reaction score
hero said:
:( can anyone tell me if i got 15 deducted in p2 and my p1 and p4 were very good can i get an A
and what is the answer to the cracks one in ultra sound qs. Will it be nearer to the sent pulse?? plz answer

yes i think u can get an A if ur P1 and P4 went good.. . .

Reaction score
hero said:
no, i think it will take more time in returning and will be of lesser magnitude...this is what i wrote...I'm not sure though that its correct ):

Reaction score
Ali23 said:
da answer 4 fuse question is tht when da fuse blows the connection break out n ur device became safe!!!!!!it is B

fuse will not melt.!
the current passing through fuse was 4A and fuse was of 5A so fuse will not melt because fuse only melt when higher current than it's rating pass from it.!!!!!

CONFIRMED.!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Reaction score
hero said:

the ultrasound question stated tht the crack was halfway between the metal. so i increased the length of each pulse by half .. nd the size wud remain same .. i think ..

Reaction score
sunshine said:
Ali23 said:
da answer 4 fuse question is tht when da fuse blows the connection break out n ur device became safe!!!!!!it is B

fuse will not melt.!
the current passing through fuse was 4A and fuse was of 5A so fuse will not melt because fuse only melt when higher current than it's rating pass from it.!!!!!

hey sunshine ..dont be so sure .. go check out oct/nov 2007 .. P1 Q32 .. nd check the markschme..

Reaction score
sunshine said:
Ali23 said:

fuse will not melt.!

it was B. it was a repeated question. when live wire touch metal case, large current flows throught it, so the fuse blows and disconnect the circuit.
check the past papers..........

Reaction score
Madiha786 said:
knight101 said:
beststriker said:
mcq.
1. when u r flying in the aeroplane, your mass remains same but weight decreases. that what i choose. is it right...??
2. what was the answer to the mcq that states about the lightning and sound of thunder being heard 6 sec apart? i choose A.

in last question of section B, what was the resistance in the thermistor ? my answer was 1158 ohm. what was urs........

as far as i know ur MCQs are right i dnt know about the thermistor cos i ddnt take dat question..
These ans according to me are right coz i chose the same...
Nd dnt remember the resistance wat i wrote!!

The resistor is right mine was also coming the same.