• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Physics p61

Reaction score
Dont worry :) its only 20% and that question was for 1 mark out of 40....which is like 0.3% of the whole paper XD

Reaction score
no because the other parts depends on this reading :/ when u calculate the the XG/Y

It was like XY/G and they also have ecf most of the times so u wont be penalised like 1000000 times just for the wrong reading :)

Reaction score
btw guys for last question last page what did you write? the four reasons??
and first question last 3 parts?

Reaction score
btw guys for last question last page what did you write? the four reasons??
and first question last 3 parts?

What did u write for the 4 errors on the last page?
I remember 2....like bubbles escape in the testube in water one and water contains bubbles in the fill with water one....

Reaction score
What did u write for the 4 errors on the last page?
I remember 2....like bubbles escape in the testube in water one and water contains bubbles in the fill with water one....
Your first one is wrong. Bubbles would only escape if the student pushed in at an angle or too fast; and the question said he did it correctly and carefully.
FOr first one I wrote, vol. of finger pushing in not taken into account and liquid may compress the gas in the tube when pushed

Reaction score
well anyone? what did u ppl write for the last question? the 4 reasons of bad readings?

And what did u write about the comment on accuracy of the person....?who was like quite accurate?

Reaction score
Your first one is wrong. Bubbles would only escape if the student pushed in at an angle or too fast; and the question said he did it correctly and carefully.
FOr first one I wrote, vol. of finger pushing in not taken into account and liquid may compress the gas in the tube when pushed

I put the finger as the second reason...what other reasons did u put? but in the diagram the test tube was at an angle so air bubbles might have been lost as the student did it as shown in the diagram....

Reaction score
parallex error and some water may have already been there or test tubes style of putting(end and sumthing), and test tube might not be fuly filled when putting the water in beaker1
thats what i wrote i hope i get 1 mrk!
lol

Reaction score
parallex error and some water may have already been there or test tubes style of putting(end and sumthing), and test tube might not be fuly filled when putting the water in beaker1
thats what i wrote i hope i get 1 mrk!
lol

parallax error would not be accepted I think coz it said the student did it accurately....u will get 1 mark for sure...I think....

Reaction score
from ur answers I figured u r soo good in answering....mashalla...
so tell me for the first question I wrote about difficulty in balancing that it is hard to take readings from the rule....is it ok?:(
Honestly? I have no idea.
I wrote that ruler may not be perfectly rectangular or have gaps between end of measure to end of ruler, thus center won't be at 50cm, though I don't think that counts as a difficulty.
My friend wrote that it may be hard to move mass without moving the ruler's position on pivot and I think that's a better answer :p

Reaction score
I wrote that ruler may not be perfectly rectangular or have gaps between end of measure to end of ruler, thus center won't be at 50cm, though I don't think that counts as a difficulty.
My friend wrote that it may be hard to move mass without moving the ruler's position on pivot and I think that's a better answer :p
but I thnk our answers can be accepted?

Reaction score
Also as for mass of ruler, we could do a preliminary estimation
Ruler would be 100cm long, perhaps 4cm wide and prolly 0.5cm thick
This would give vol. of 200cm3
Density of wood tends to be ~0.5 (depending on type, anything between 0.3 to 1.2, but the ones more than 0.7 are less common)
So the mass = dxv=0.5*200=100g, sounds about right P:
I wrote 250g cause I'm stupid like that.

Reaction score

Im an idiot :( I wrote balancing would be a problem like getting the rule to be 100% horizontal would be a problem as we would think it is but it isnt coz when u look at it it seems fine.....so it can lead to inaccurate readings....I hope the ms is generous and allows that answer :)