• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Physics p61

Reaction score
Also as for mass of ruler, we could do a preliminary estimation
Ruler would be 100cm long, perhaps 4cm wide and prolly 0.5cm thick
This would give vol. of 200cm3
Density of wood tends to be ~0.5 (depending on type, anything between 0.3 to 1.2, but the ones more than 0.7 are less common)
So the mass = dxv=0.5*200=100g, sounds about right P:
I wrote 250g cause I'm stupid like that.

I wrote 50g...lol I should have written 100g....but I think 50 would be accepted...

Reaction score
What did u write for the 4 errors on the last page?
I remember 2....like bubbles escape in the testube in water one and water contains bubbles in the fill with water one....
Im an idiot :( I wrote balancing would be a problem like getting the rule to be 100% horizontal would be a problem as we would think it is but it isnt coz when u look at it it seems fine.....so it can lead to inaccurate readings....I hope the ms is generous and allows that answer :)

I wrote to take care while taking reading from rule, think its correct? :/

Reaction score
sorry guys i wrote another ruler wuld need to be placed above the cylinder which would lead to inaccurate reading
this is 100% correct i am sure

Reaction score
I have a question....
After the IGCSE exams have been marked, do we get the question paper back with the certificate? my teacher says we wont but then how will we know what we got wrong?

Reaction score
I have a question....
After the IGCSE exams have been marked, do we get the question paper back with the certificate? my teacher says we wont but then how will we know what we got wrong?
You won't get the question papers back but you cna pay an extra fee to see a subjects examinations marked :p

Reaction score
I dont get it what do u mean by antoher one ontop of the cylinder?
i mean like place another rule horizontally above the cyinder as the cylinder was covering the rule so another rule was needed ! which we place vertically above ! from 0 mark till the 90 (i guess in the question)
i made this myself hope it is correct
what do u think?

Reaction score
wt abt 5 g

Umm a little off I think?

i mean like place another rule horizontally above the cyinder as the cylinder was covering the rule so another rule was needed ! which we place vertically above ! from 0 mark till the 90 (i guess in the question)
i made this myself hope it is correct
what do u think?

Hmm...I put place a mark on the side of the rule, then mark the center of the cylinder and then put the center over the mark....I think this would be accepted :)

Reaction score
I wrote measure the diameter of the cylinder, divide by two to find radius 'r' then place the cylinder such that the opposite edges are on 90+r and 90-r respectively.
e.g. if cylinder has diameter 4cm, radius = 2cm and edges are on 92 and 88 so center is on 90 ;)

Reaction score
What were reasons for the last question I wrote that the thrust of water will be acting on the test tube as one of my reasons is that rite????? I don't think it is..........

Reaction score
I wrote measure the diameter of the cylinder, divide by two to find radius 'r' then place the cylinder such that the opposite edges are on 90+r and 90-r respectively.
e.g. if cylinder has diameter 4cm, radius = 2cm and edges are on 92 and 88 so center is on 90 ;)
That's wat iwrrote it was repeated question from my June 2008

Reaction score
What were reasons for the last question I wrote that the thrust of water will be acting on the test tube as one of my reasons is that rite????? I don't think it is..........
My question guysssss.........?????????

Reaction score
I NEED HELP URGENTLY....FOR THE GRAPH I WROTE V/V Y-AXIS I/A X AXIS BUT I PUT THE SCALE OF THE DISTANCE INSTEAD OF VOLTAGE AND SO THE PLOTTING AND LINE DRAWN WERE WRONG AND I GOT A NEGATIVE GRADIENT !! HOW MANY MARKS WILL I LOSE ?