• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

physics paper 1,2 ........can we discuus da papper nw?

Reaction score
HAHAHA !! well 13 N would have completely tilted the balance anticlockwise downwards !! it would have been impossible to balance it
the see saw was balanced. i did upwards= downwards forces. it was 13 n. i hope its correct:(

Reaction score
the correct answer was 5N .... in such cases we always consider clockwise/anticlockwise movement not upward/downward.
well whenever a body's balanced the forces acting on it from opposite directions are equal too. i applied this logic... i dont know why but im confident k its right ...eee i hope it is

asd

Reaction score
For all the people out there, answers for the most confused questions are :
For Table tennis ball, Velocity increased, acceleration decreased
For the coin, P increased, resultant decreased
For the moments (in "sea-saw" :| ) , 5N
For pressure, 2p/3
For fuse, I don't remember :D :p :ROFLMAO: (actually the question was so easy i didn't look back at it again ^^ )
For the center of mass of the shapes, it was the one with with broadest base (C).
So there. Anymore?

asd

Reaction score
well whenever a body's balanced the forces acting on it from opposite directions are equal too. i applied this logic... i dont know why but im confident k its right ...eee i hope it is
Man, I hate to tell people that they are wrong, especially when it's CIE (because I know the feeling) :( , the answer was 5N.

Reaction score
Theres a reason for it being downwards. That was a stationary point, and exactly after it the wave goes downward. Since each point of the wave is position of the particle, the arrow was to be down. Had it been upwards, the particle would've gone further up AFTER it.
yay! i pointed the arrow downwards.. i thought so too :)

Reaction score
Man, I hate to tell people that they are wrong, especially when it's CIE (because I know the feeling) :( , the answer was 5N.
hmmm...i guess im wrong.. anyways rest of the paper was pretty good Al Hamdulillah!

Reactions: asd
Reaction score
Q.1 )A PART ) We Had to find the extension using rule ...so first note reading using ruler without load attached and than with load attached and subtract to find the extension .
b pART ) Mass of an object is the amount of matter it contains :p
c part ) spring B was easier to stretch as only 7.5 N extends it by 2 cm buh for spring A you need 10 N to extend it by 2 cm .
d part ) 15 N

I hope i didn't miss any part :p

q.2 )
a)Friction is a force that opposes the motion of a moving body or an object

b) The car is travelling at constant speed as the forward and backward forces are balanced .

c ) 5000-1200= 3800 N

next parts i dnt remember of q.2 :p

q.3)
a) More heat or the temperature outside the room is higher than the main room.

b) Add up all the energies dnt remember the answer :p

c ) the loss of thermal energy was abt 1. smthn x 10 raise to the power 6

d ) when the air at the top is cooled , its density increases and the air sinks to the bottom , the warm air expands as it is lighter and takes its place setting up convectional currents .

q.4 ) a) optic fibres transmit signals efficiently , more convo's can be held.
b ) drawing the normal and the angle of incidence :p
c) the light is internally refracted as the angle of incidence is greater than the critical angle in the denser medium .
d ) angle of refraction = 35.3 o
q.5 ) a)wave motion is the movement of the distortion of wave from the source producing it . e.g transverse - perpendicular .
b) was X downwards
c) i don't remember

d) measurement of 2 waves dnt remember wat exactly the reading was :p
q.6 )a) m.p = 80 oC
b) the temperature remains constant until whole liquid solidifies and complete energy is given out .
c ) the molecules become closer together as it changes from liquid to solid and are held at fixed positions by strong forces
dnt remember it more ....i guess we had to calculate heat capacity or smthn with temperature diff 20 and i guess the answer was again smth x 10 raise to the power 6

q.7 ) a ) drawing electric fields from positive to negative ( min . 6 lines )
b ) was current calculation I = Q/ T and it was smthn x 10 raise to the power -3 !!

pheww ! sec .A done !! love my memory :D !! rate it people !!

like if it helps :)
great memeory indeed!

Reaction score
Oh man I pointed X upwards, becox I thought that must be the force currently acting on it which pushed it upwards :cry:....had it been before or after crest I would have surely got it right.. (n)

asd

Reaction score
Oh man I pointed X upwards, becox I thought that must be the force currently acting on it which pushed it upwards :cry:....had it been before or after crest I would have surely got it right.. (n)
Well, i did upwards too, im still not sure of the answer. Because a/c to me, there should be no movement at extreme points (crests/troughs), No arrow. LOL. I wonder why CIE asked us to draw the arrow then.

Reaction score
aww doesn't matter... IF you get it wrong you'll lose one mark... not such a big deal..

asd

Reaction score
hey! can anybody tell me how the temperature of the wire wsa kept constant?
I thought of water bathing it, but then I thought that would be hazardous. So I wrote that keep the wire above a boiling liquid (that boils at 25-30 *C) because it would give constant temperature. I guess I thought TOO hard on this. lmoa. Now, i feel the first one would be right