• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Physics Paper 1 question!

Reaction score
Reaction score
It's said that when the thermometer is placed above steam, the temperature becomes 100 c. In this case, the 100 c is on the 22cm mark. Going down by 2cm will be like going down by 10 c. As you go down, you will reach to the 8cm mark which will be 30 celcius :)

if 1 cm = 5 cm as u say, so when u multiply 8 x 5 then shldn't the answer be 40??
:confused:

Reaction score
ummm i asked question 33

m bad... i didnt see that... :p

33) okay..this is a potential divider circuit.
in this circuit the output voltage depends on the resistances of the 2 components.
when the contact is moved upwards, the resistance of the upper part decreases, hence the reading on P also decreases.
N since comparatively, the resistance of the lower part increases, the reading on Q also increases.
Ans = B

Reaction score
if 1 cm = 5 cm as u say, so when u multiply 8 x 5 then shldn't the answer be 40??
:confused:

You didn't get it, I meant that going down by 2cm means that you're going down by 10 celcius degrees, therefore, when you've reached to the top of the mercury fluid, the temperature will be 30 celcius degres :)

Reaction score