• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Physics Paper 1 question!

Reaction score
It's said that when the thermometer is placed above steam, the temperature becomes 100 c. In this case, the 100 c is on the 22cm mark. Going down by 2cm will be like going down by 10 c. As you go down, you will reach to the 8cm mark which will be 30 celcius :)

ok...thnxx....is it by cross multiplication?

Reaction score
ok...thnxx....is it by cross multiplication?

No you don't need to do that, It was stated that when there was steam, which means the temperature is 100 celcius degrees on the 22cm mark. going down from the 22cm mark to the 2cm mark is like going down by 70 celcius degrees because going down by 2cm from the 22cm is like decreasing the temperature by 10 celcius degrees. When you reach to the 2cm mark, you will notice that the temperature is 30 celcius degrees.

Reaction score
No you don't need to do that, It was stated that when there was steam, which means the temperature is 100 celcius degrees on the 22cm mark. going down from the 22cm mark to the 2cm mark is like going down by 70 celcius degrees because going down by 2cm from the 22cm is like decreasing the temperature by 10 celcius degrees. When you reach to the 2cm mark, you will notice that the temperature is 30 celcius degrees.

oooooooooooooooohh!!!!! ok ok! thanku soo much! JazaKAllah! :)

Reaction score

Yeah IKR i hate this question but i have understood it
For wood it is a insulator the heat does not pass on that quickly it moves slowly that is one of the reason it is called a insulator
so the heat is not moving very fast at P and is nearly stuck there and as it is an insulator the heat is TRAPPED
why not copper because it moved the heat to the S as soon as it gets it by conduction and some of the heat is converted to K.E so the heat is not exactly more then P

Reaction score

Okay this one is really easy but some people have great trouble with it
Now you know how to read a scale right?
the first one is 2cm
and the LAST one is 28
for the can to role TWICE it is 28-2=26
26/2=13 is the answer :D
and there is another method just read the middle reading and subtract it from initial
that is 15-2=13 YAY got the answer?
Hope you do check this out before your exam

Reaction score
folks i just gave my exam...
and i have to say it wasn't as hard as i expected it to be :D
hope u all also find it easy!!!

Reaction score
folks i just gave my exam...
and i have to say it wasn't as hard as i expected it to be :D
hope u all also find it easy!!!