• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Physics Paper 2

Reaction score
Pals_1010 said:
Source: GCSE Physics

"For a filament lamp, the temperature of the filament is most definitely not constant (it must to get hot in order to give out light!)

The resistance of a lamp's filament (the long, thin, coiled wire) increases dramatically as the current increases, resulting in the second graph below..

"

The second graph shows that the gradient decreases.

I/V = 1/R decreases.

So resistance increases.... ;)

yes you are right :)
and the variable resister would increase the current slowly slowly in the circuit so that a very high current would not pass through the bulb at once which would blow the bulb :)

Reaction score
Hey could you guys tell how the speed-time graph of the bus was like on the first question of section B...

Reaction score
Leone said:
Hey could you guys tell how the speed-time graph of the bus was like on the first question of section B...
firstly it was second question of section B
secondly, it was not a speed-time graph , distance-time graph was asked i am sure on that one :)

bamteck said:
The Perpendicular distance was not 5m !

when we had to calculate the clockwise moment then we were supposed to take 5 m the perpendicular distance
and when we had to calculate the anticlockwise moment then we had to take 12 m the perdendicular distance :)

Reaction score
So Prince III, could you please tell how the graph was... :shock:
It starts from the origin and at the top remains constant right??? During the exam maybe I wasn't mistaken...

Reaction score
So what I did was correct... :) Actually, I wasn't sure what kind of graph it was... But Thank God! that during the exam I wasn't mistaken. :D

Reaction score
I have heard that it must be above 80% for A grades in O level. The CIE website states that after the exam only they will decide the grade thresholds... Anyone know the grade thresholds of Physics for the previous years oct-nov or the last may-june exams??? For IGCSE subjects we get it but for the O level subjects it's not available...

Reaction score
Is that in Pakistan??? Here in our country from 75% it is an A grade... Did you mean the Cambridge percentage??? Or does the percentage change from country to country....

Reaction score
Leone said:
Is that in Pakistan??? Here in our country from 75% it is an A grade... Did you mean the Cambridge percentage??? Or does the percentage change from country to country....

percentile remains all over the world for the same paper :)

Reaction score
UxaiR, could you please tell from where actually you got the information??? Was 82%-83% + for an A grade last years oct-nov or this years may-june threshold??? In our country we don't get the marks... Only the grades we get as the exam results...

Reaction score
Cambridge does not publish grade threshold ( GT ) for O-level !
but some experienced teachers do know about the percentile at which A is made and one of very experienced physics teacher told me about the percentile which is always in this range :)

Reaction score
So usually it doesn't go below 82 right? Some years they might lower the thresholds to 80 even isn't it?

Reaction score
it can be below 80 % even , depending on how dificult or how easy the candidates finds the papers :)
if average candidates finds the paper easy then percentile rises :)
and if the paper is difficult and candidates dont perform well in it , then percentile would obviously fall !

Reaction score
Who among u are mauritian here?

And ya, so the distance 12m is correct to calculate the moment?

Reaction score
On the first page there was a question asking the difference of speed and velocity right... I wrote that Speed does not have a direction but Velocity have a direction... This much will be enough isn't it??? :)