• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Physics paper 31 , (a death call)

Reaction score
I also got 1.8 for the resistance first, then after finding some big mistake I fixed it and got 1.1. Icant remember exactly how I did it but others in my exam said they got the same, 1.1.
for the ones in parallel, i got 1.2 and the other one was 4.8

Reaction score
I also got 1.8 for the resistance first, then after finding some big mistake I fixed it and got 1.1. Icant remember exactly how I did it but others in my exam said they got the same, 1.1.
the resistors in parallel were 2ohms and 3ohms so you do 1/3 + 1/2 which = 5/6 then you flip it giving you 6/5 which is 1.2

Reaction score
the resistors in parallel were 2ohms and 3ohms so you do 1/3 + 1/2 which = 5/6 then you flip it giving you 6/5 which is 1.2
After you do that you just got the resistance of the two resistors what about resistor R how are you going to get it ?
Look i used the total current and the total voltage(6v) to get the total resistance then i subtracted the total resistance from 1.2ohms and i got my answers , lets not turn this into a debate.

Reaction score
After you do that you just got the resistance of the two resistors what about resistor R how are you going to get it ?
Look i used the total current and the total voltage(6v) to get the total resistance then i subtracted the total resistance from 1.2ohms and i got my answers , lets not turn this into a debate.
so u get 1.8 ohms. dats rite

Reaction score
yeah thats right! total was 6 so i did 6-1.2 which gave me 4.8 for resistor R