• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Physics paper 31 , (a death call)

Reaction score
hi! it ws fyn, alhamdulillah!
da one which moved a small dist is b'coz da area ws big. da other one coz da area ws small
Well actuallt this question was based on formula of pressure......n it too simple.......luk......if da area ix bigger so there ix less pressure but more force to move it n itz like dat force ix inversly proportional to pressure! Meanz that if larger area so, less pressure but more force needed but if smaller area so less force but larger pressure.....! Ryt!

Reaction score
so guyz now just leve thix shit just prepare for the comin up paper 61 of physics............well m amazed da physics paper11 was easy but paper 31 was............ugh.............well now just do ya best for paper 61 (ATP)

Reaction score
Arent u people getting too sentimental over yuor answers? LOL! Forget it guys..Guess what I screwed up p3 and p1 but i am still not upset cox I know the GT is gonna be low :D Learn to learn from your mistakes :p
Lol i'm not tooo worried. I mean I know I did good.
I'm sorry bout your papers though :(
conduction is only fast in metals, it was glass. ur answers prove that u know nothing about physics u just memorize
Are you so desperate to make yourself believe that you didn't lose those 5 marks that you will start insulting me?
You're right about glass being a bad conductor of heat but that actually makes my answer correct.
Since glass is a bad conductor of heat it takes time for the heat to get to the liquid
This is quoted from a website:
"
A flask made of thick glass is filled with a coloured liquid Acork is fitted through which a narrow glass tube is inserted. There is a scale marked onthe tube. Some liquid will rise up inside the tube up to a point which is marked by O onthe scale. Now the flask is placed inside a big vessel of boiling water which heats up theflask and as well as the liquid inside. It is observed that the liquid inside the tube firstcomes down to a position marked by A and later it rises again, goes past O and reaches ata point marked by B. The reason is that there is an expansion of the glass container at the beginning. As the glass is a bad conductor of heat, it takes some time for heat to reach theliquid inside the flask and because of this there is no expansion of liquid at the initialstage. Thus the liquid surface comes down from O to A inside the tube. After a while theheat starts flowing into the liquid for which the liquid expands and it begins to rise insidethe tube. The expansion of liquid is more than the expansion of glass. Thus we see thefinal rise of liquid is at B above the point O"
Enough said.
Edit: Font colour of website was black, changed it.

Reaction score
At first i got 1.8 ohms as the resistance but then that is the total resistance of the circuit what i did was get the total resistance and the resistance of the parellel resistors then subtract both and i got a 1.1 ohms .

thats the pefect answer for sure!

Reaction score
Well actuallt this question was based on formula of pressure......n it too simple.......luk......if da area ix bigger so there ix less pressure but more force to move it n itz like dat force ix inversly proportional to pressure! Meanz that if larger area so, less pressure but more force needed but if smaller area so less force but larger pressure.....! Ryt!
yes, dats da xplanation, but i ws too lazy 2 typ all dat

Reaction score
I also got 1.8 for the resistance first, then after finding some big mistake I fixed it and got 1.1. Icant remember exactly how I did it but others in my exam said they got the same, 1.1.