• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Physics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
please someone post the physics As paper 2 of may june 2002 with mark scheme.i will very thankful for that. May Allah give all of us success

Reaction score
please someone post the physics As paper 2 of may june 2002 with mark scheme.i will very thankful for that. May Allah give all of us success

There you go.....

Attachments

• 9702_s02_qp_2.pdf
    103.5 KB · Views: 2
  • 9702_s02_ms_2.pdf
    75.3 KB · Views: 5
Reaction score

Aoa wr wb,

Look, when you have a sinusoidal alternating current, it implies that the direction of currents in both of the wires keeps changing directions, and since the currents are in phase, it implies that they have currents flowing in the same direction at any particular time.

Now, the method to obtain the direction of force on wire B, is to use Fleming's Left Hand Rule. But before doing this, the direction of magnetic field experienced by wire B must be obtained by using Right Hand Grip Rule on wire A.
Since the currents are constantly changing, the direction of magnetic field will keep on changing.
However, the force on wire B will always be towards the left (towards wire A) because the direction of magnetic field AND the direction of current are both changing, hence your thumb will subsequently point towards wire A.
The force varies from '0' to a maximum value and the variation is sinusoidal, this is obvious since a sinusoidal alternating current is being applied.
The last statement in the marking scheme which states 'at twice frequency of the current' is what i still quite don't get.

Hope it helped :)

Reaction score
can u please tell me what topics from physics come in the ATP paper? (O-level) like in chemistry its mainly just Acids, Bases n Salts , Rate of reaction and Moles..
PLEASE HELP!

Reaction score
http://papers.xtremepapers.com/CIE/Cambridge International A and AS Level/Physics (9702)/9702_s09_qp_2.pdf
No. 2 (b i).. it is a relatively simple question, but I'm kinda confused.
Change in momentum = momentum before - momentum after collision right?
So why did the marking scheme add the two velocities?

Please help me clear the doubt.. thanks!

No. Change in momentum = final momentum - initial momentum = m(v-u)
taking <-- to be +

1.2(0.8) - 1.2(-4)
gives 5.76 Ns in the <-- direction as answer.

or if you take --> to be +

then

1.2(-0.8) - 1.2(4)
gives -5.76 Ns

the change is 5.76 Ns in <-- direction eitherway.

Reaction score
Aoa wr wb,

Look, when you have a sinusoidal alternating current, it implies that the direction of currents in both of the wires keeps changing directions, and since the currents are in phase, it implies that they have currents flowing in the same direction at any particular time.

Now, the method to obtain the direction of force on wire B, is to use Fleming's Left Hand Rule. But before doing this, the direction of magnetic field experienced by wire B must be obtained by using Right Hand Grip Rule on wire A.
Since the currents are constantly changing, the direction of magnetic field will keep on changing.
However, the force on wire B will always be towards the left (towards wire A) because the direction of magnetic field AND the direction of current are both changing, hence your thumb will subsequently point towards wire A.
The force varies from '0' to a maximum value and the variation is sinusoidal, this is obvious since a sinusoidal alternating current is being applied.
The last statement in the marking scheme which states 'at twice frequency of the current' is what i still quite don't get.

Hope it helped :)
Thank you so much. It helped a lot. :)
JazakAllah Khairan.

Reaction score
No. Change in momentum = final momentum - initial momentum = m(v-u)
taking <-- to be +

1.2(0.8) - 1.2(-4)
gives 5.76 Ns in the <-- direction as answer.

or if you take --> to be +

then

1.2(-0.8) - 1.2(4)
gives -5.76 Ns

the change is 5.76 Ns in <-- direction eitherway.
I had got -5.76 Ns but thought that I'm wrong since the marking scheme gave 5.76 as the answer.
Thanks a lot :)

Reaction score
Aoa wr wb,
Does anyone have ALL or most of the A2 formulas for physics compiled (preferably topic wise) ?
I'd b really grateful if someone could upload them.
Thank you :)

Reaction score
EtKLvmD.jpg

Please help me solve this question.. I don't understand what to do.