• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Physics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
Q37 - its not D as no current will pass if both switch are open. Then its not even A as both are closed so current will be I. In B S2 is open and S1 is closed so current just flows in series so current is still I. In C current flows through parallel circuit as S1 is open and S2 closed and current is not equal in parallel so it will not be I :)

Reaction score
Q37 - its not D as no current will pass if both switch are open. Then its not even A as both are closed so current will be I. In B S2 is open and S1 is closed so current just flows in series so current is still I. In C current flows through parallel circuit as S1 is open and S2 closed and current is not equal in parallel so it will not be I :)

okay you're a genius! thanks so much

Reaction score
Q30- d sin theta=n lambda
sin theta=1 as its normal to the grating. then d=1/N. N=300 per mm means 300000 per m. so 1/300000=(690*10^-9)*n
n will be around 4. then multiply by 2 and u get 9 :D

how come you multiply it by 2?

Reaction score
you always multiply by 2 to find the maxima. i think it was because n is only for one side or something...i dont really remember the reason :p but just remember 2 do it everytime :)

and for 27..if the diameters being halved shouldnt it be 1/2?

sorry can you do 36 as well..last question :p

Reaction score

no diameter gets halved but the radius gets decreasd by 1/4th then. Try it using a value for diameter and find the area. Then repeat using half value of diameter. Area will be 1/4th :)

Reaction score

you have to split it into 2 parts. 1st take the positive part. I=2. then find P. P=I^2R=2*2*100=400W
then take the negative part where I=-1. P=-1*-1*100=100
then average it as they want the mean power. so 100+400/2=250W :)