• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Physics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
can anyone send me a level full physics revision notes and worksheet plzzzzzzz
i need it plzz some one help me if you have it send it to [email protected] and if you need any other help in AICT and maths i will help you
but plzzz send me notes guys

Reaction score
E =-V/D .Why the minus sign?? book says V increases towards the right and F is in the opposite direction. What they do mean by V increases towards the right???

Reaction score
E =-V/D .Why the minus sign?? book says V increases towards the right and F is in the opposite direction. What they do mean by V increases towards the right???

The force on the charge is F = qE where E is the field pushing the charge q. So the work done on the charge is just Q = Fd = qEd = q(V/d)d = qV; where E = V/d is the field between the two plates with voltage V and distance d.
note if the object moves in the direction of applied force the work done is positive however if the object movers in opposite direction then work done is negative in this case force is from positive to negative plate while the electron moves from negative to positive

Reaction score
can someone please help me with this question, the answer is B by the way :D

u dont need to know useless formulas u might know that mass=volume*density
we need to find the volume of the wall
volume=area*distance
distance=velocity*time
mass=2000*10*t*1.3
F=MV/T
F =(2000*10*t*1.3*10)/t=260kN
P=fv =260*10=2600K
since conversion is 50% 2600/2=1300K

Reaction score
How do I solve question C? Between A and B field strength is 2kv/0.25=8kv. Now for C and D is it also the same. I mean is electric field strength same at all points (whatever their position is) in an uniform field?? I know I sound like a dumbo but doesn't electric field strength decrease with increasing d. Here C is at the midpoint of A and B and D is at midpoint of C and B, so how is it possible?

Attachments

• CYMERA_20130904_135545.jpg
    CYMERA_20130904_135545.jpg
    127.3 KB · Views: 6
Reaction score
volume=area*distance
distance=velocity*time
mass=2000*10*t*1.3
F=MV/T
P=fv =260*10=2600K

that wasnt the answer sorry hahah

Reaction score
How do I solve question C? Between A and B field strength is 2kv/0.25=8kv. Now for C and D is it also the same. I mean is electric field strength same at all points (whatever their position is) in an uniform field?? I know I sound like a dumbo but doesn't electric field strength decrease with increasing d. Here C is at the midpoint of A and B and D is at midpoint of C and B, so how is it possible?

Yes, the electric field strength is constant at any point. The thing that change is the voltage across, acceleration of the particles/sub-particles , they will be different at different position, but NOT the electric field strength

Reaction score
volume=area*distance
distance=velocity*time
mass=2000*10*t*1.3
F=MV/T
P=fv =260*10=2600K
edit
p=E/T=0.5*mv^2/t=0.5*(2000*10*t*1.3810)*10^2/t=1300k
since conversion is 50% so 650K Watts i dont get why the first method didnt work i will consult my teacher

Reaction score
edit
p=E/T=0.5*mv^2/t=0.5*(2000*10*t*1.3810)*10^2/t=1300k
since conversion is 50% so 650K Watts i dont get why the first method didnt work i will consult my teacher

that wasnt the answer sorry hahah
oh yes i found my mistake we will have to find average force that is we divide 260 by 2. i falsely assumed that final velocity of wind will be zero my bad

Reaction score
Anyone please tell me which books are best for physics and why they are best.

Yo bro. I heard Pacific A Level Physics Vol 1 and 2 (Poh) and Physics A-Level (David Sang, Graham Jones) are good for now.

For Chemistry I got the Chemistry AS and A Level Coursebook by Roger Norris.

Reaction score
I have a question about polarization. My question is if the Polaroid is aligned vertically will vertically polarized light will pass through or horizontally polarized light will pass through? vertically aligned means it will stop vertically polarized light or does it mean it will stop all other polarized lights and allow vertically polarized light to pass through..real confused here :cautious:

KZW

Reaction score
I have a question about polarization. My question is if the Polaroid is aligned vertically will vertically polarized light will pass through or horizontally polarized light will pass through? vertically aligned means it will stop vertically polarized light or does it mean it will stop all other polarized lights and allow vertically polarized light to pass through..real confused here :cautious:

It will stop vertically polarized light.