• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Physics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
using the same formula first calculate the number of moles of gas filled in each balloon ...ryt ...
then ____ moles of gas : 1 ballons (number of balloons)
_______moles calculated in part b(1):x and by this calculate the total number of balloons.

calculate like this and see if the ans is ryt or not.
Yes, I already tried that but I am getting 746 whereas the answer is 740.

Reaction score
Yes, I already tried that but I am getting 746 whereas the answer is 740.

the ans in ms is round off to 3sf...so ur ans much be less then 745 then when it will be roundoff to 3sf it will get to 740. You must have made some mistake in a calculation ....try to use the accurate values and then find the final ans ...see if it gets to 740 or not .

Reaction score
the ans in ms is round off to 3sf...so ur ans much be less then 745 then when it will be roundoff to 3sf it will get to 740. You must have made some mistake in a calculation ....try to use the accurate values and then find the final ans ...see if it gets to 740 or not .
Unfortunately I am still not getting the answer. Have you tried to solve it yourself? Please try and see.

Reaction score
I am actually getting 746.6

Reaction score
Have you seen the procedure in the mark scheme? I don't understand a word!
using the same formula first calculate the number of moles of gas filled in each balloon ...ryt ...
then ____ moles of gas : 1 ballons (number of balloons)
_______moles calculated in part b(1):x and by this calculate the total number of balloons.

calculate like this and see if the ans is ryt or not.
find the number of moles of hydrogen that one balloon contains using the equation PV=nRT u will get n=0.56
one balloon 0.56moles
x no of balloons 415moles
calculate x u will get 741

Reaction score
salams,
so i've got 2 questions that need checking.
I will provide everything, you just need to read.

1st question
It's about forces
View attachment 36895

The answer
View attachment 36897

And the other question and answer.

View attachment 36898

Thanks in advance.

For the first question, there is no work done in moving an object horizontally in air, so the work done is only against gravity, that is while moving the object vertically... so F* vertichal heigh = 20 kJ

For the second question, you have to keep in mind that velocity is a vector. Thus when it bounces of, it is in the opposite direction and the velocity you will use in your calculation will be -12.2... so

1/2 *.2 * (15.8^2 - (-12.2) ^2)