• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Physics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
when amplitude is doubled then intensity increases 4 times... n when the distance frm the source is doubled then intensity decreases by 4 times...
because intensity is directly proportional to (amplitude)^2 and it is inversely proportional to (1/distance frm the source)^2
Wah Wah..! :p :p
Scientific Method :p! :)

Reaction score
Thanks :) My way was a different one how do i know my way is wrong :(
you assumed that the particle was still moving while it had stopped moving at maximum point so the velocity was zero. it means all of the kinetic energy is changed into other forms of energy.
we can easily see that the potential energy has increased.
but the potential energy has not changed by same amount.
the rest went to the internal energy/doing work against air resistance.

Reaction score
As it Goes away Reading Decreases And reaches Minima Then start to Increase Uptil NExt Maxima.! Last Maxima will be At P! Then there will be many Maxima/Minima In between P and O!
now u can See from Figure the Path difference is 0.15 (0.9-0.75). And wave lenght we calculated Is 0.025..
So 0.15/0.025= 6 Wavelengths.. Meaning 6 Maxima And Minima! We add one Maxima At O (where Path diffrence is O) to make it 7 Maxima And 6 Minima..!
Samjh Aya .. Or u need detailed Explaination :p!

Reaction score
As it Goes away Reading Decreases And reaches Minima Then start to Increase Uptil NExt Maxima.! Last Maxima will be At P! Then there will be many Maxima/Minima In between P and O!
now u can See from Figure the Path difference is 0.15 (0.9-0.75). And wave lenght we calculated Is 0.025..
So 0.15/0.025= 6 Wavelengths.. Meaning 6 Maxima And Minima! We add one Maxima At O (where Path diffrence is O) to make it 7 Maxima And 6 Minima..!
Samjh Aya .. Or u need detailed Explaination :p!
no i need a detailed explanation :p just kidding...thnx..it was helpful :)

Reaction score
you assumed that the particle was still moving while it had stopped moving at maximum point so the velocity was zero. it means all of the kinetic energy is changed into other forms of energy.
we can easily see that the potential energy has increased.
but the potential energy has not changed by same amount.
the rest went to the internal energy/doing work against air resistance.
i assumed the this was suppose to the k.e but this was lost because of the air Resistance

Reaction score
Can someone show me the drawing of demonstrating diffraction using light waves pleaseee it is urgent ?????

Reaction score
Outline briefly an experiment that may be used to demonstrate diffraction of a transverse wave