• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Physics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
usama321
Now check this question. It ask to draw a wave with PD of 60. and on x axis they have listed 1,2,3 etc so how do i know where angle 60 lies.

I understood the 180 PD one you told me earlier (Half the 360 one and start from there forward)

Screenshot_17.png

Reaction score

First Part.
Resistance in Series : R+R...
Resistance in parallel : 1/R +1/R...
Screenshot_19.png

Second part.

Kirchhoff law.
Follow the Current direction and remember current divides in parallel and remain same in Series.
when is given part just focus on the direction he gives like " E2, I1 ,I2 and BCXYB part , forget about the other parts of the circuit like BYZA this way it would be easy to write down equation.
and read a bit about Kirchhoff from Book. It really helps

Screenshot_20.png

Reaction score
End Correction.
Antinodes are formed liltle above the test tube so

Node to Antinode is λ /4 so you have the wavelength calculated from part B (0.648)
so insert the lamda and divide by 4.

You will get 16.2 (distance from node to antinode.. and test tube length is 15.7 so antinode is formed 0.5 (16.2-15.7) above the tube.

edit:
The wave i drew would be 2nd overtone. I mistakenly drew 1st overtone as it clearly says loud noise.
Screenshot_22.png

Reaction score
What is the difference between slit separation and slit width and can Someone explain Q5 (c) here in this paper
http://papers.xtremepapers.com/CIE/Cambridge International A and AS Level/Physics (9702)/9702_w07_ms_2.pdf
Thanks ! ^_^
5c(i) width is increasing means x us increasing more light is allowed to enter and so brighter fringes brighter
(ii) slit separation increases which is a in the eqation x=landa*D/a
so if a increases x decreases x is the fringe width

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    14.5 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
Reaction score
End Correction.
Antinodes are formed liltle above the test tube so

Node to Antinode is λ /4 so you have the wavelength calculated from part B (0.648)
so insert the lamda and divide by 4.

You will get 16.2 (distance from node to antinode.. and test tube length is 15.7 so antinode is formed 0.5 (16.2-15.7) above the tube.

edit:
The wave i drew would be 2nd overtone. I mistakenly drew 1st overtone as it clearly says loud noise.
View attachment 42241
Thank you so much!!

Reaction score
Guys what do u mean by .. Slit separation and slit width?
As in what happens to the fringes by each of them ? .. Like brightness and the X ?
Hope u guys get what in askin !
Please help
Thank u :)

Reaction score
5c(i) width is increase means x us increase more light is allowed to enter ans so brighter fringes brighter
(ii) slit separation increases which is a in the eqation x=landa*D/a
so if a increases x decreases x is the fringe width
Guys what do u mean by .. Slit separation and slit width?
As in what happens to the fringes by each of them ? .. Like brightness and the X ?
Hope u guys get what in askin !
Please help
Thank u :)

Loot At the Figure Attached Above..!
Answered By ZaqZainab! Post #8586