• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Physics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
First Part.
Resistance in Series : R+R...
Resistance in parallel : 1/R +1/R...
View attachment 42229

Second part.

Kirchhoff law.
Follow the Current direction and remember current divides in parallel and remain same in Series.
when is given part just focus on the direction he gives like " E2, I1 ,I2 and BCXYB part , forget about the other parts of the circuit like BYZA this way it would be easy to write down equation.
and read a bit about Kirchhoff from Book. It really helps

View attachment 42230
Thank u sooooo much for helping

Reaction score
Make sure you lag it behind :p baqi samajh aa gai hai to lag behind ka scene pata hai na? :p

ok ok. I know In Phase and out of phase wali kahaaani

btw can u find anywhere (notes,factsheet) from where i can learn the effects of changing slitseperation,width,a,Wavelength etc in double slit and diffraction grating.
I expect it a lot in the coming paper. worth 4 marks .

Reaction score
Okhay my doubt is .. Like yaar like when they ask bout the slit thingi sorta questions .. As in what happend to the fringes etc..
U have any easy method or ready made notes on 'em ?
If yes, please share :)
Hmm..! Yo Just have to Know when Light Entering Increases i.e Slit width Increases.. This Causes Brighter Fringes to Become Brighter..!
Baqi U need to Know the Equation Lambda=a*x/D! Now when ever they Change Something for E.g change a then rearrange the Equation To make A subject! Then u can use Propationality To see wht happen to Rest of the Thins..! Bas its simple! :)
This is What i Do :p!

Reaction score
ok ok. I know In Phase and out of phase wali kahaaani

btw can u find anywhere (notes,factsheet) from where i can learn the effects of changing slitseperation,width,a,Wavelength etc in double slit and diffraction grating.
I expect it a lot in the coming paper. worth 4 marks .
Could Plz Draw THE ans On the Wave and Post it! If u Have time PLzzz :)!

Reaction score
Hmm..! Yo Just have to Know when Light Entering Increases i.e Slit width Increases.. This Causes Brighter Fringes to Become Brighter..!
Baqi U need to Know the Equation Lambda=a*x/D! Now when ever they Change Something for E.g change a then rearrange the Equation To make A subject! Then u can use Propationality To see wht happen to Rest of the Thins..! Bas its simple! :)
This is What i Do :p!
Thanks a lot!
Second method even I do that .. And what is the link with the intensity ? As in when u inc the intensity then what happens?
Btw thanks again :)

Reaction score
http://papers.xtremepapers.com/CIE/Cambridge International A and AS Level/Physics (9702)/9702_s13_qp_21.pdf
Q3bii
i found v using v^2=u^2 +2as and then found the k.e using 1/2 mv^2 it was the same answer as ms but not the way would i get all the marks?
yes you will get all the marks if your method is correct. examiner on physics don't tell all the methods like examiner fo M1 papers. but your method just gives the correct answer by chance.

change in K = g.p.e + W.D againt air resistance
w.d against air resistance = asnwer to first part - mgh
maybe they way you did is wrong but the correct asnwer is a coincidence

Reaction score
yes you will get all the marks if your method is correct. examiner on physics don't tell all the methods like examiner fo M1 papers. but your method just gives the correct answer by chance.

change in K = g.p.e + W.D againt air resistance
w.d against air resistance = asnwer to first part - mgh
maybe they way you did is wrong but the correct asnwer is a coincidence
Thanks :) My way was a different one how do i know my way is wrong :(

Reaction score
I too don't have that book I studied from a cie endorsed book by Chris mee ,mike crundell,Brian Arnold and Wendy brown

Reaction score
Thanks a lot!
Second method even I do that .. And what is the link with the intensity ? As in when u inc the intensity then what happens?
Btw thanks again :)
when amplitude is doubled then intensity increases 4 times... n when the distance frm the source is doubled then intensity decreases by 4 times...
because intensity is directly proportional to (amplitude)^2 and it is inversely proportional to (1/distance frm the source)^2

Reaction score
We'll I don't have the book.. So could u please share a screen shot .. :)
Sorry if I'm bothering u a lot!
I don't have that book could you take a pic and attach it over here or inbox me
Sorry if I am asking you a bit too much

I cant right now. But please send me a Pm so I could send u later this night,but Dw i will do send it