• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Physics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
Guys can some PLEASE gimme a detail bots in the internal energy .. I always get confused ..
Like what I want is what happens to the K.E and the P.E .. As the change in state takes place.. Like from solid to liquid as well as liquid to gas.. DETAILED
Thank u
Please help :)
well .. internal energy is the sum of the random KE and PE of all particles of a substance
KE depends on the temperature and PE depends on molecular sepration
So when temp increase ... KE increase so Internal energy increase and vice versa and same goes to the PE ... more te molecular sepration more PE more internal energy

Reaction score
well .. internal energy is the sum of the random KE and PE of all particles of a substance
So when temp increase ... KE increase so Internal energy increase and vice versa and same goes to the PE ... more te molecular sepration more PE more internal energy
Thank you soo much! :D

Reaction score
Here you need to draw labelled diagram of source of light, apparatus to diffract/interfere and how to observe it.
To observe the diffraction the light must be perpendicular to the slit and the screen must be long distance from slit
to observe. we will decrease slit separation(in (ii) ) and slit width in (i) part.
(i) when we will decrease it, the the spot will start to spread into geometric shadows. along the bright big spot a few fringes will also be observed but they will be dim.
(ii) the fringe seperation will increase. alternate bright and dark fringes will be produced.
Photo%2014-05-2014%2019%2025%2011.jpg

Reaction score
So we can say that when a solid turns into a liquid .. The internal energy increases cuz there is an increase in the temp as well as the molecular separation. Right?

Reaction score