• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Physics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
http://papers.xtremepapers.com/CIE/Cambridge International A and AS Level/Physics (9702)/9702_w02_qp_1.pdf
Q 9
why not C?
it is t^2 so here t=(t2-t1)
Q10 why not D?
Q11 :( i thought it is C
Q14
Q21
Q32 R=V/I
so here I is infinite wont R be o??
because I=V/R and if I is infinite I=V/0??
I know there are so many but even if you help me out with one of this i will be great full
:)

Q9 the answer is D
firstly u have to find x
s=u*t+0.5a*t^2
X=0.5a*t1^2(u=o)

for the accelaration we are going to use complete hieght i.e.
x+h so
s=ut+0.5at^2 (u=0)
x+h=0.5*a*T2^2
put value of x
o.5*a*t1^2 +h= 0.5*a*t2^2
h=0.5*a*t2^2- 0.5*a*t1^2
(o.5=1/2 so on the other side it will becme 2 so it wil be 2h)
now 2h= a*t2^2 -a*t1^2
take a common
2h=a(t^2 - t1^2)
a=2h/(t2^2-t1^2)
hope u got it :/

Reaction score
for 10 isnt D th answer :O??
A is the answer :(
Q9 the answer is D
firstly u have to find x
s=u*t+0.5a*t^2
X=0.5a*t1^2(u=o)

for the accelaration we are going to use complete hieght i.e.
x+h so
s=ut+0.5at^2 (u=0)
x+h=0.5*a*T2^2
put value of x
o.5*a*t1^2 +h= 0.5*a*t2^2
h=0.5*a*t2^2- 0.5*a*t1^2
(o.5=1/2 so on the other side it will becme 2 so it wil be 2h)
now 2h= a*t2^2 -a*t1^2
take a common
2h=a(t^2 - t1^2)
a=2h/(t2^2-t1^2)
hope u got it :/

Reaction score
ua is going in opposite direction to ub
so ua-ub??
va is in the same direction to vb so va+vb?
why is this wrong

when the are in differentdirections one is postive the other one is negative while when the move in the same direction both are either positive or negative so when we put them in the formula we get that the velocities of the balls in different directio will be added while the ones in same direction will be subtracted

Reaction score
when the are in differentdirections one is postive the other one is negative while when the move in the same direction both are either positive or negative so when we put them in the formula we get that the velocities of the balls in different directio will be added while the ones in same direction will be subtracted
either positive or negative so why subtracted it can be added too? for v and subtract for u
I am not saying that A is wrong but why is C wrong?
why cant it be like the velocities of the balls in different direction will be subtracted while the ones in same direction will be added?

Reaction score
ua is going in opposite direction to ub
so ua-ub??
va is in the same direction to vb so va+vb?
why is this wrong

An important point concerning elastic collisions is that the relative speed (relative is a very important word here) is the same for the colliding objects both before and after the collision occurs. Interestingly, this is independent of mass.

Suppose you are seeing the entire situation from the point of view of ball A. You appear to be stationary (i.e. the velocity of A from the perspective of A is zero) and B is coming towards you with a particular speed. This speed is equal to u(a) + u(b) - suppose you are moving at 100 kmph, and another object is coming towards you at 100 kmph, it will look as if that object is coming is coming at 200 kmph.

This is the relative speed for both objects before the collision [even if you are looking from the perspective of ball B, the velocity at which A is coming toward you is
u(a) + u(b)].

After the collision, the balls are travelling in the same direction. Suppose you are watching from the perspective of ball A. The relative speed here is v(b) - v(a).

To explain, suppose the following - you are traveling at 100 kmph, and someone in front of you is also traveling at 100 kmph. The distance between you remains the same, and from your perspective you are stationary - if the distance doesn't change, that must mean he is also stationary from your point of view, right?

This situation remains exactly the same if you replace your speed with v(a) and the other person's speed with v(b), and write v(a) = v(b). Furthermore, for the relative velocity to be zero (as discussed above) we cannot have Relative Speed = v(a) + v(b) because it would give us Relative Speed = 2v(a), which is wrong. But if we write Relative Speed = v(a) - v(b), we have Relative speed = 0 when v(a) = v(b), which is right.

Since the Relative Speed before the collision is the same as the Relative Speed after the collision, we equate the equations we have derived to get

u(a) + u(b) = v(b) - v(a)

(We could have u(a) + u(b) = v(a) - v(b), but that option is not there, so no need to worry about that).

Hope this helped!
Good Luck with all your exams!

Reaction score
http://papers.xtremepapers.com/CIE/Cambridge International A and AS Level/Physics (9702)/9702_w02_qp_1.pdf
Q 9
why not C?
it is t^2 so here t=(t2-t1)
Q10 why not D?
Q11 :( i thought it is C
Q14
Q21
Q32 R=V/I
so here I is infinite wont R be o??
because I=V/R and if I is infinite I=V/0??
I know there are so many but even if you help me out with one of this i will be great full
:)
9)
kitkat <3 :P answered it.

10)
Answer is D only :p Do you have eyes :p ? Jk :D Zaqyzaq :p

11)
Answered ._.

14)
Take centre of moment 2 b on pivot n resolve
Clockwise moments = Anticlockwise moments
(10 × 100) + (50 × D) = (20 × 60)
1000 + 50D = 1200
50D = 1200 - 1000
D = 200/50
[ D = 4 cm ]

So distance from pivot = 4 cm
Distance from 0 mark = 40 + 4 = 44 cm

21)
Use the formula p = ρgh
Hence when you find P for 1st you'll get is 3528
and when u'll find P for 2nd you'll get is 7056
This means When you multiply 2 with P1 you'll get P2 that is 7056 so ans will be 2P

32)
For this, its simple thing, for +1 V we have value of I as 50 * 10 ^ (-3) that will give R as 20 Ohm
And for -1V we have I as zero, hence as R = V / I : I = zer0, so when there is zero in denominator that is I here, so automatically, R is infinite o_O

Reaction score
An important point concerning elastic collisions is that the relative speed (relative is a very important word here) is the same for the colliding objects both before and after the collision occurs. Interestingly, this is independent of mass.

Suppose you are seeing the entire situation from the point of view of ball A. You appear to be stationary (i.e. the velocity of A from the perspective of A is zero) and B is coming towards you with a particular speed. This speed is equal to u(a) + u(b) - suppose you are moving at 100 kmph, and another object is coming towards you at 100 kmph, it will look as if that object is coming is coming at 200 kmph.

This is the relative speed for both objects before the collision [even if you are looking from the perspective of ball B, the velocity at which A is coming toward you is
u(a) + u(b)].

After the collision, the balls are travelling in the same direction. Suppose you are watching from the perspective of ball A. The relative speed here is v(b) - v(a).

To explain, suppose the following - you are traveling at 100 kmph, and someone in front of you is also traveling at 100 kmph. The distance between you remains the same, and from your perspective you are stationary - if the distance doesn't change, that must mean he is also stationary from your point of view, right?

This situation remains exactly the same if you replace your speed with v(a) and the other person's speed with v(b), and write v(a) = v(b). Furthermore, for the relative velocity to be zero (as discussed above) we cannot have Relative Speed = v(a) + v(b) because it would give us Relative Speed = 2v(a), which is wrong. But if we write Relative Speed = v(a) - v(b), we have Relative speed = 0 when v(a) = v(b), which is right.

Since the Relative Speed before the collision is the same as the Relative Speed after the collision, we equate the equations we have derived to get

u(a) + u(b) = v(b) - v(a)

(We could have u(a) + u(b) = v(a) - v(b), but that option is not there, so no need to worry about that).

Hope this helped!
Good Luck with all your exams!
There i got it
Thanks you so much

Reaction score
9)
kitkat <3 :P answered it.

10)
Answer is D only :p Do you have eyes :p ? Jk :D Zaqyzaq :p

11)
Answered ._.

14)
Take centre of moment 2 b on pivot n resolve
Clockwise moments = Anticlockwise moments
(10 × 100) + (50 × D) = (20 × 60)
1000 + 50D = 1200
50D = 1200 - 1000
D = 200/50
[ D = 4 cm ]

So distance from pivot = 4 cm
Distance from 0 mark = 40 + 4 = 44 cm

21)
Use the formula p = ρgh
Hence when you find P for 1st you'll get is 3528
and when u'll find P for 2nd you'll get is 7056
This means When you multiply 2 with P1 you'll get P2 that is 7056 so ans will be 2P

32)
For this, its simple thing, for +1 V we have value of I as 50 * 10 ^ (-3) that will give R as 20 Ohm
And for -1V we have I as zero, hence as R = V / I : I = zer0, so when there is zero in denominator that is I here, so automatically, R is infinite o_O
Q14 and why 100*10?? why 10?
Q 32 I is not 0 :O its infinite from the graph
Thanks for the rest you make it seem so simple I have just gone 'dumb'