• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Physics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
Yeah thanks for that,though i figured it myself after reading the book.
Reading can do wonders :p
I actually did it by taking relative velocities,1 ms-1 and 0 and then using previous knowledge that if an object moves towards another one with same mass,their speed is halved and mass doubled,so thats how i did it but this seems more simple so thanks!

Reaction score
Yeah thanks for that,though i figured it myself after reading the book.
Reading can do wonders :p
I actually did it by taking relative velocities,1 ms-1 and 0 and then using previous knowledge that if an object moves towards another one with same mass,their speed is halved and mass doubled,so thats how i did it but this seems more simple so thanks!
so u done all of em?

Reaction score
The reaction force is always perpendicular to the surface. In this case, there are two forces acting:
1 - The horizontal force in the right direction causing the car to move forward
2 - The upward reaction force

Since both of the forces are acting simultaneously, we will take their resultant, which is the answer shown in option B.

Reaction score
Assalamualaikum...
Can anybody pls solve this question...

The movement of sea-water through turbines in a narrow harbour entrance is to be used to generate electricity. The harbour has vertical sides and encloses a surface area of 6.0 x 104 m2. During a 3-hour period around low tide, sluice gates are opened and the water level in the harbour falls by 5.0m.

(i) Calculate, for the 3-hour period, the gravitational potential energy lost by the water leaving the harbour. The density of sea-water is 1050 kg m. 3.

(ii) The generating system converts this potential energy to electrical energy with an efficiency of 40%. Calculate the mean electrical power generated.

(b) A small tidal power scheme and a large complex of coastal wind turbines can be built for approximately the same cost. The maximum electrical power output of each would be similar. Explain two advantages of

choosing the tidal scheme option.

Reaction score
HELP PLEASE!!!
Can anyone upload any of these books?
ref=pd_sim_sbs_b_2

or send the link??