• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Physics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
If the answer is B then this is how.
We know that PE= 80 J just before release, so use efficiency equation and PE=mgh

Efficiency is 28%
We know efficiency = output/input
28/100= output/ 80
Output = 22.4 J
Now use PE= mgh
Mass of arrow= 120 g= 0.12 Kg since arrow is shot alone
22.4= 0.12(10)(h)
h= 18.7 m ~= 19 m
I'm not sure though I might be wrong
youre abslutly right thnks :)

Reaction score
can someone help me with this question

first off you need to know the timing between the emitted and the reflected pulse, which when you start counting from the centre of each pulse, gives you 4 blocks in separation, (between the emitted and the reflected pulse.) but you're going to consider that as 2 blocks between the source of the emitted pulse and the reflector.
The time base setting is 0.20 μs cm–1. which makes the time --->2 x 0.20 μs cm–1 = 0.0000004s
and since a radio active pulse travels in the speed of 3.0 x 10^8 ms-1,
using the good old formula of distance =speed x time gives you ---> 3.0x10^8 x 0.0000004 = 120m.

hope it helps.

Reaction score
first off you need to know the timing between the emitted and the reflected pulse, which when you start counting from the centre of each pulse, gives you 4 blocks in separation, (between the emitted and the reflected pulse.) but you're going to consider that as 2 blocks between the source of the emitted pulse and the reflector.
The time base setting is 0.20 μs cm–1. which makes the time --->2 x 0.20 μs cm–1 = 0.0000004s
using the good old formula of distance =speed x time gives you ---> 3.0x10^8 x 0.0000004 = 120m.

hope it helps.
why only 2? :/

Reaction score

hope it helps.
thank you so much but why is the timing not taken from the end of the waves that makes it 3 blocks

Reaction score
thank you so much but why is the timing not taken from the end of the waves that makes it 3 blocks

Because if you chose to start counting from the right end of the emitted pulse, you should stop your count also at the right end of the reflected pulse, which again makes it 4 blocks. I think you must have got confused counting from the end, so to avoid this problem I suggest you start your count from the centre :)

Reaction score
The question was
Outline how a c.r.o may be used to determine the frequency of a loudspeaker.

I don't get why have they mentioned frequency= 1/lamda * time base setting?? :/
Why multiplying by LAMDAScreenshot 2015-04-22 13.45.48.png

Reaction score
Because if you chose to start counting from the right end of the emitted pulse, you should stop your count also at the right end of the reflected pulse, which again makes it 4 blocks. I think you must have got confused counting from the end, so to avoid this problem I suggest you start your count from the centre :)
oh okay thankyou so much:):):)

Reaction score
Question asks about Apparent weight loss but mark scheme talks about pressure differences between liquids.. Does the contents relate each other? If then, How? Capture.PNG Capture1.PNG

Reaction score
Reaction score

For the first one

Vin = Votage at the non inverting input - voltage at the inverting input

gain=Vout/Vin

open loop gain is usually very large almost around (x 10^5) if not not specified
Votage at the non inverting input is constant at 1.0V (given) and the voltage at the inverting input is varying.

for the first few seconds voltage at the inverting input is more than that at non inverting input, therefore Vin is neagtive.
Vout will be a large neagtive number which is greater than the supply voltage hence op-amp will undergo negative saturation giving max Vout -5v and therfore diode which is reverse biased (R) will emit light
vice versa

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    108.8 KB · Views: 1
Reaction score
Reaction score
Question asks about Apparent weight loss but mark scheme talks about pressure differences between liquids.. Does the contents relate each other? If then, How? View attachment 52345 View attachment 52346

The question is mainly talking about Archimedes Principle. In order for an object to float in water when it is partially submerged, the pressure that is acting upwards from the bottom of the object needs to be equal or more then the weight of the object that is acting downwards. The difference in pressure between this 2 forces gives rise to the buoyant force.