• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Physics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
In Q 15 why arent B and C correct,in Q30 why isnt B correct,in Q36 why cant A be correct and Q 39?
Q15
B :- if thats the case it would go up but its in equilibrium
C:- ok but thats not the reason for upthrust

Q30
draw out the triangle and you will see. u=vcostheta but v = u/costheta.

Q36
Its a constant voltage supply. It can only supply a voltage of V

Q39
Nucleon Number of Uranium is 238
Mass of one nucleon is abbt 1.67 x10^-27
Multiply them !

Reaction score
Q15
B :- if thats the case it would go up but its in equilibrium
C:- ok but thats not the reason for upthrust

Q30
draw out the triangle and you will see. u=vcostheta but v = u/costheta.

Q36
Its a constant voltage supply. It can only supply a voltage of V

Q39
Nucleon Number of Uranium is 238
Mass of one nucleon is abbt 1.67 x10^-27
Multiply them !
thnx bro

Reaction score
Capacitance Ratio is 1 : 2 and each capacitor can hold 6 volt max.
3 Volts 6 Volts
Total = 9 Volts maximum

formula is V= Vmaxsin(omega t)
omega= 2pie f
120pie = 2pie f
f = 120pie/2pie = 60Hz

will solve question 10 later and scan it for you

Because we are using graviatational fields in solving the question. We equate g of Earth = g of Moon with formula GM/x^2.
If you need help solving it tell me and Ill take a photo of it for you.
Thanks a lot skypilotage! in my last query what I actually don't get is k why are we not putting "Re" in the place of radius of earth, why X2? I mean why not solve it in terms of "Re". And can you also explain the table of the same paper question 2 part b part 2?

Reaction score
Thanks a lot skypilotage! in my last query what I actually don't get is k why are we not putting "Re" in the place of radius of earth, why X2? I mean why not solve it in terms of "Re". And can you also explain the table of the same paper question 2 part b part 2?
Because there are two values of X one which is between Earth and Moon and Second is after the moon.
Re is only the value of X between them.

Reaction score
AS PHYSICS
P2
N 05
Q 4 (b) (ii).
Q 5 (c) (ii)
Q 6 (a)
Q7 (b) (iii)
Q8 (b) (ii)(y)
For 5(c) ii
In order to find resultant intensity u will have to find resultant amplitude.So Amplitude of A-amplitude of B=3-2=1
Now u can use either Intensity of A i.e I or intensity of B i.e 4/9I to find resultant intensity.
6a:
Since potential of plates is unknown u have to assume Y is positive cuz then only force will be upwards which will balance the weight of the particle which is a force and acting downwards.Always remember to consider weight i.e mg when solving questions of these type.

Reaction score
AS PHYSICS
P2
N 05
Q 4 (b) (ii).
Q 5 (c) (ii)
Q 6 (a)
Q7 (b) (iii)
Q8 (b) (ii)(y)
For 7b(iii)
When temperature rises its resistance decreases so p.d across thermistor also decreases.Lets say the p.d across it is now 2.0 V,previously it was 2.7 V.Now in the previous part to find length of wire between M and Q u did the following step:
L=2.7 *100/4.5.Now in place of 2.7 put 2.0 and u will get a shorter L,so length of wire will be shorter.

Now 8(b)
Always remember that Ep(Gravitational potential energy) and h(height) have a linear relationship.So Ep increases as h increases and decreases as h decreases.Consider it this way:when an object is on ground it has zero height above ground so its Ep will be zero.As h increases its Ep will also increase.So in this case the line will be straight and will have a negative gradient and it will finish at h0.Also the reason for starting the line above curve Ek is because not all of the Ep is converted into Ek,some is used in overcoming air resistance.If u have studied Mechanincs 1 of Alevel then in this case:
Loss in Ep-Work done agianst resistance=Gain in Ek

Reaction score
For 5(c) ii
In order to find resultant intensity u will have to find resultant amplitude.So Amplitude of A-amplitude of B=3-2=1
Now u can use either Intensity of A i.e I or intensity of B i.e 4/9I to find resultant intensity.
6a:
Since potential of plates is unknown u have to assume Y is positive cuz then only force will be upwards which will balance the weight of the particle which is a force and acting downwards.Always remember to consider weight i.e mg when solving questions of these type.

THANK YOU:)

Reaction score
in ADC .......why having more bits reduces step height
how information is carried in an optic fiber.....ok its in the form of light....bt i can tvisualise how waht i ll speak can be carried by lkight,.....or how a football match broadcast cn be carried in the form of light

Reaction score
In Q18 why cant D be correct?
Q)23
In Q27 why cant B be correct?
Q37
Q40

Attachments

• 9702_s07_qp_1.pdf
    179.3 KB · Views: 7
Reaction score
In Q18 why cant D be correct?
Q)23
In Q27 why cant B be correct?
Q37
Q40
Q18
Work lost is the unshaded area. you dont put work to unstretch a rubberband
Q23
a is max at the peaks, speed is max at the middle
Q27
wrong direction of motion, its a stationary wave. Motion of particles is reflected.
Q37
If it is drawn into 6 wires for example.
The area of one wire in Q is A/6 so Resistance of one wire is 6R since R is inv prop. to A.
So total R is 6R/6 = R i.e same Resistance as P
Q40
the nucleus with the smallest Z/M Ratio has the lowest a i.e Li ratio is the smallest ( 3/7 = 0.428 )

Reaction score
in ADC .......why having more bits reduces step height
how information is carried in an optic fiber.....ok its in the form of light....bt i can tvisualise how waht i ll speak can be carried by lkight,.....or how a football match broadcast cn be carried in the form of light
The electrical signal is converted to Pulses of light emitted by a laser or LED of frequency 2x10*8 MHz.
These are recieved and converted back to electrical signals,

Reaction score
Q18
Work lost is the unshaded area. you dont put work to unstretch a rubberband
Q23
a is max at the peaks, speed is max at the middle
Q27
wrong direction of motion, its a stationary wave. Motion of particles is reflected.
Q37
If it is drawn into 6 wires for example.
The area of one wire in Q is A/6 so Resistance of one wire is 6R since R is inv prop. to A.
So total R is 6R/6 = R i.e same Resistance as P
Q40
the nucleus with the smallest Z/M Ratio has the lowest a i.e Li ratio is the smallest ( 3/7 = 0.428 )
For Q37 if u say the resistance of one wire is 6R then wont total resistance be 6R *6 cuz there are 6 wires in Q?

Reaction score
In Q 18 why do we subtract the pressures shouldnt we add them??

Attachments

• 9702_w07_qp_1.pdf
    230.6 KB · Views: 4
Reaction score
AoA wr wb

if r=3x+y
the uncertainty in r will be = 3Δx + Δy or Δx + Δy

and if r = ((a^3)(b^2)) / (2a+b)
then ΔR = ??
help plz

Reaction score
For Q37 if u say the resistance of one wire is 6R then wont total resistance be 6R *6 cuz there are 6 wires in Q?
They are in parallel not series! careful!
In Q 18 why do we subtract the pressures shouldnt we add them??
No because the reading of the metre under the surface measures the pressure that is exerted on it, which is due to both the water and the atmospheric pressure.
We just need to find the pressure due to the water. This is why we subtract not add them.

Reaction score
AoA wr wb

if r=3x+y
the uncertainty in r will be = 3Δx + Δy or Δx + Δy

and if r = ((a^3)(b^2)) / (2a+b)
then ΔR = ??
help plz
Im not quite good with uncertainities but here goes:-
**First one I think its only x + y not 3x + y
**Second one, you need to convert to percentages.
When its exponent, you multiply the percentage by the power.
Divided or multiplied you add the power.

P.S:- Would be nice if someone confirms my talk :)

Reaction score
ΔR = 3Δa/a + 2Δb/b for the numerator part and for the denominator Δa + Δb?? now add them....ryt?
help me :cry: