• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Physics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
I think what the question really wants you to say (I could be wrong) is that there are DISTINCT bands in the line spectra. It's not like ALL wavelengths of light were absorbed, but rather distinct, specific ones.

You have to be careful with the wording of the question. They said: "Explain how the line spectrum of hydrogen provides evidence for..."
So you HAVE to talk about the APPEARANCE of the spectrum itself. Hope I'm making sense.
hydrogen-spectra.jpg
Ummm, if you could tell me please, What would you write?

Reaction score
A ball is thrown vertically downwards at 4.0 m/s from a height of 120 cm .With which speed does it hit the ground? Ignore air resistance.
A 4.8 m/s B 6.3 m/s C 40 m/s D 49 m/s
Answer is B

Reaction score
Someone help
Ans is 1.5
Why is my ans coming wrongView attachment 60535
If it takes 12 hours to go from low tide to high tide and back to low tide, that means it takes 12 hours to go from 1.0m, to 3.0m and back to 1.0m.

So in half of 12 hours= 6 hours it goes from 1 to 3
And in half of that= 3 hours it goes from 1 to 1.5.

Try drawing a wave starting from the lowest point (1.0m) going to the highest point (3.0m) and coming back to the lowest point (1.0m).
Draw a line through where it is 1.5m, which is half way between 1m and 3m. If the whole wave is 12 hours you will see that at a quarter of twelve hours the wave crosses the line you drew for 1.5m

Reaction score
if we get 14.6 on analogue, when we sample it, do we round up or down?
my teacher says down
my book says nearest number
think i solved an exam where it was nearest number and not down

Reaction score
I did, but what I don't get it is, as quoted from the blog "Since the mass of the water is spread all over the volume it occupies, the centre of mass should be considered when calculating the (gravitational) potential energy." Why do they consider the centre of mass ? Do we generally consider the centre of mass while considering the Potential energy of an object?