• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Physics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
make a power time graph. calculate the avg power. equate it to (I^2 * R) or (V^2/R). this current or voltage will be rms.
if the graph is rectified ac with linear change as it is in nov 2003 p4 q4, then (final+initial)/2
all of dis included in AS? dis is so new for me
edit: i just chkd the syllabus and its only in A2..... :sick:

Reaction score
AoA wr wb

334sxoy.jpg

i dnt understand the last part
why is it not x-3=6.75

Reaction score
thanku very much...but unfortunately i dont have tht book..:(....i just have a collection of 3 books pacific,cambridge one and bath physics.......
how much does one wave lags behind the other. one wave is equal to 2 pi radians. how much out of phase are two waves on a graph. use chadda's book cambridge endorsed one,
draw a graph , taking displacement on y axis and distance on x axis. draw a sin wave. the wave is 360 degree or 2 pi radians.
take points according on x- axis. take two points suppose A and B , a at start of the wave and b at the end of the wave, both being in same state of motion or at same displacement from mean position. they have a phase difference of 360 degree or 2 pi radians. just like this take any two points and read on the x axis how much they differ in radians or in degrees. this is how we calcular phase angle difference.

Reaction score
Can someone please answer me question?

June09) 9) b): http://www.xtremepapers.com/papers/...and AS Level/Physics (9702)/9702_s09_qp_4.pdf

It says: A cobalt-60 source having a half-life of 5.27 years is calibrated and found to have an
activity of 3.50 × 105 Bq. The uncertainty in the calibration is ±2%.
Calculate the length of time, in days, after the calibration has been made, for the stated
activity of 3.50 × 105 Bq to have a maximum possible error of 10%.

I don't get what the Marking Scheme says: http://www.xtremepapers.com/papers/...and AS Level/Physics (9702)/9702_s09_ms_4.pdf

omg

Reaction score
It's a bit confusing T^h/g... Is it T^(h/g) or (T^h)/g ???
If it's the former:
ln R = ln [T^(h/g)] = (h/g) ln T
On a graph of ln R against ln T the gradient is h/g.
If it's the latter:
ln R = ln [(T^h)/g] = h ln T - ln g
On a graph of ln R against ln T, the gradient is h and y-intercept is - ln g.
so in the first case we'll have no y-intercpt??

Reaction score
Two solid substances P and Q have atoms of mass MP and MQ respectively. They have NP and NQ atoms per unit volume such that NP= NQ. It is found by experiment that the density of P is greater than that of Q.

Which of the following deductions from this experiment must be correct?

A MP > MQ

B NP > NQ

C MPNP > MQ NQ

D MP/NP = MQ/NQ

Reaction score
its ok plz try solving the other 2 qs i posted

i dnt understand the last part why is it not x-3=6.75

It is called the "Potential Difference across the resistor ". So if 1 end of the resistor has a potential of 3 V and the potential difference is 6.75, then:
3-x= 6.75
x= 3 - 6.75

Concerning the potential divider question:

I'm not entirely sure of this answer but I understand that since the galvanometer is indicating a zero current, therefore the potential difference between the positive plate and B is zero ( same with the negative plate and A ). Why? Because if there was a potential difference there should be a current passing. This does mean that the potential difference across AB is equal to the potential difference across the cell being tested. Thus, you simply need to find the P.D. across AB.

By using ratio of length to resistance, we get the resistance of AB. Then again by using ratio of resistance to P.D. we get the P.D. across AB.

1 ---> 60
0.65 ---> ?

Then

60 + 20 ---> 12
39 ---> ?

Hope this helped. : )

Reaction score
hi bro,
AoA wr wb
u4u9c.jpg

plz explain this solution
from where did u took this question ? is this answer really correct. i learned the formula in the cambrdige book which says in this case => AB/ AC into Eo i.e .65/1 into 12 = 7.8 Volt.

but here i see a different situation where first we divided ab length with total length and then multiplied with the total resistance of the wire. this gave us resistance across AB wire,

then we used this resistance to find the unknown e.m.f. of the test cell is this whole formula correct in the image?

Reaction score
from where did u took this question ? is this answer really correct. i learned the formula in the cambrdige book which says in this case => AB/ AC into Eo i.e .65/1 into 12 = 7.8 Volt.

Well I think your formula only works if there is no other resistance in the circuit ( like the 20 ohms of internal resistance ) ... Since the whole of the line would actually have a P.D. of 12 V so AB/AC into 12... This example is actually somewhere on the site's revision pages. The last one in the D.C. area right here: http://www.xtremepapers.com/revision/a-level/physics/dc_circuits.php

Check my previous reply if you need more details. : )

Reaction score
Can anyone please explain this question from paper 2?

http://www.xtremepapers.com/papers/...nd AS Level/Physics (9702)/9702_s11_qp_21.pdf
Q number 5 part B
maximum current will be possible when the voltage across 6 ohm resistor equals to driver cell voltage or when there is least resistance in the circuit. i.e 12, when its 12, I =V/R ,
12/6 = 2 A .
Minimum will be zero . i am not sure bout this but maybe when the jockey is move towards the extreme position then the voltage or resistance might bcm zero then current will be zero as well :/ plz someone else clarify. Thanks

Reaction score
Two solid substances P and Q have atoms of mass MP and MQ respectively. They have NP and NQ atoms per unit volume such that NP= NQ. It is found by experiment that the density of P is greater than that of Q.

Which of the following deductions from this experiment must be correct?

A MP > MQ

B NP > NQ

C MPNP > MQ NQ

D MP/NP = MQ/NQ
A? maybe experimental error which caused wrong mass to be calculate which resulted in difference in densities? caz atoms atoms per unit volume will remain same..share the correct option

Reaction score
Well I think your formula only works if there is no other resistance in the circuit ( like the 20 ohms of internal resistance ) ... Since the whole of the line would actually have a P.D. of 12 V so AB/AC into 12... This example is actually somewhere on the site's revision pages. The last one in the D.C. area right here: http://www.xtremepapers.com/revision/a-level/physics/dc_circuits.php

Check my previous reply if you need more details. : )
ok you think but you are not sure. i can memorize the situation just like in the questions above. Thank You. :)