• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Physics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
http://www.xtremepapers.com/papers/CIE/Cambridge International A and AS Level/Physics (9702)/9702_s08_qp_2.pdf

Qs 6b iv) The circuit will become series when switch s1 and s2 are closed. But im using this formula V=IR to calculate the current which is coming 6.25A. then im using the formula P=I2R to calculate the power. These are the values i put: P=6.25*6.25*(38.4+38.4). But my answer is coming wrong. What am i doing wrong please help me :(

In this case A and B are parallel. Then Current through each is 6.25A. The P=(P in A)+(P in B)=(6.25*240)+(6.25*240)=3000w... Easy way is to find combined resistance of A and B and use P=(V*V)/R...where R is the combined resistance of the two parallel resistors A and B....... R=(38.4*38.4)/(38.4+38.4)=19.2 ohms... Now use P=(V*V)/R=(240*240)/19.2=3000W. Even i am doubtful, but the correct answer is coming when we consider that they are parallel.

Reaction score
Someone please give me tips on how to solve questions related to Cathode Ray Oscilloscope. If explained with an example it would be much appreciated.

Reaction score
can somebody help me in cie A - level physics paper 51 question number 2

Attachments

• 9702_s11_qp_51.pdf
    84.5 KB · Views: 2
Reaction score
Someone please give me tips on how to solve questions related to Cathode Ray Oscilloscope. If explained with an example it would be much appreciated.
as general they will ask for the period or frequency and a peak voltage...to find the frequency or period use the equation f=1/p, example: hw will give u a drawing showing a wave and as u know the drawing will be divided by as the question says 1cm squares and he will give u that the time base for example is 2ms cm-1, to find the frequency or the peroid find for one wavelength how many squares does it take, lets say 4...do the usual conversion 4m milli to centi and multiply the time base by the wavelength which is 4 to get the period..and as for the peak voltage he will state a y sensitivity lets say 5v cm-1..measure the amplitude of the wave according to the scale drawing and multiply it by the given sensitivity...
if u didnt undersatnd anything im happy to answer u again

Reaction score
We don't want teachers advertising everywhere they go on our site.
Its nice to see that students of physics are very conscious to clear their concepts. I am expecting the same behavior from the students of A level ECONOMICS. If any of you is taking economics <Content Removed>

Reaction score
Its nice to see that students of physics are very conscious to clear their concepts. I am expecting the same behavior from the students of A level ECONOMICS. If any of you is taking economics <Content Removed>
Self promotion?
If you can't read this site is for students to help students not for teachers to go advertise for more money

Reaction score
what is the difference between spontaneous and random decay?
I think they describe decay from different points of view.
A decay is spontaneous since the substance can initiate decay by itself. It need not any special conditions.
A decay is random since the decay process is not programmed. The decay does not have any order i.e. which nucleus decays first and which one next. At every instant the nucleus/nuclei about to decay is chosen randomly.

Reaction score
I think they describe decay from different points of view.
A decay is spontaneous since the substance can initiate decay by itself. It need not any special conditions.
A decay is random since the decay process is not programmed. The decay does not have any order i.e. which nucleus decays first and which one next. At every instant the nucleus/nuclei about to decay is chosen randomly.

how can you intiate a decay then?

Reaction score
What is the relationship between potential energy and electric field force? the equation is f= dU/dx where U is potential energy but what is x??

Reaction score
let them advertise what they want. what's wrong in it? this is a open forum for all i think as long as they are not spamming or abusing then let teachers help students by promoting themselves.

Reaction score
let them advertise what they want. what's wrong in it? this is a open forum for all i think as long as they are not spamming or abusing then let teachers help students by promoting themselves.
help students or themselves? and besides this is a physics forum not economics