• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Physics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
View attachment 64643
Please help me with this ...
B(i) only
So P has to be that curve since P is the first nuclide that begins decaying so it must have existing amount hence it has a non-zero y intercept. D has to be the curve with an increase and decrease because at first when P decays, the rate of formation of D is high so there are lots of D nuclide being made but after a while the D nuclide also begins decaying into S nuclide so it has to decrease in amount later. S is always increasing because when P decays, it forms D and when D decays it forms S so all the previous nuclide are eventually decaying to form S hence its amount will increase always.

Attachments

• InkedScreenshot_20190424-234735_LI.jpg
    InkedScreenshot_20190424-234735_LI.jpg
    423.6 KB · Views: 5
Reaction score
Also help with this part cView attachment 64645
This would be my official answer to c: Decay constant is probability of decay per unit time. Since E has a smaller decay constant, it is less likely to decay into F and since F has a larger decay constant it is more likely to decay into G. Hence, the amount of F is always small as the rate of decay of F is greater than rate of formation of F. Alternatively, greater decay constant means lower half life(inverse relation), hence E has a greater half life and F has a lower half life, thus E decays less often to form F while F decays quickly form G. Therefore, F is always small as again rate of decay of F is greater than its rate of formation.

Reaction score
This would be my official answer to c: Decay constant is probability of decay per unit time. Since E has a smaller decay constant, it is less likely to decay into F and since F has a larger decay constant it is more likely to decay into G. Hence, the amount of F is always small as the rate of decay of F is greater than rate of formation of F. Alternatively, greater decay constant means lower half life(inverse relation), hence E has a greater half life and F has a lower half life, thus E decays less often to form F while F decays quickly form G. Therefore, F is always small as again rate of decay of F is greater than its rate of formation.
Thank a lot .. you are genius!

Reaction score
Can anyone please explain me how to solve question 2 (b) (v) of 9702/23/M/J/18 .
According to the formula, we have two v.
fo = fsv/v-vs
But how to solve and get v ?

Reaction score
view

Also, the (-6.30) which is dividing (4850 x v),
will go add to the other side or will multiply ?

Reaction score
How do you do bii) they multiplied the charge from bi by 2

Attachments

• FF7E9315-9C29-4451-B001-A66B9FC7997A.png
    FF7E9315-9C29-4451-B001-A66B9FC7997A.png
    189.6 KB · Views: 11