• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Physics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
Kirchoffs first law states that the amount of current flowing in a junction is equal to the amount leaving junction so therefore:
I=I1 +I2
V/Rt=V/R1 + V/R2
Cancel V
1/Rt=1/R1 + 1/R2
Keep in mind this is only for parralel circuits

Thank you Kanekii and maybe gravitational energy and kinetic energy formulas will work for your problem, best of luck, I'll post if I find a solution about your one.

Reaction score
Thank you Kanekii and maybe gravitational energy and kinetic energy formulas will work for your problem, best of luck, I'll post if I find a solution about your one.
No that wont work since this question is from Circular motion

Reaction score
Can someone provide a detailed explanation on this qn, just used unitary method to get the Ans:B
Also how can the current in the ammeter be 0?

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    31.8 KB · Views: 7
Reaction score
Guyz i need some tips from you people...I will be giving maths and chemistry Accel in 19 may/june along with physics A2.......Please tell me when should i start preparing FOR AS syllabus as i have studied it last year.......And please give me tips how can i get best grades?

Reaction score
Please tell me is it useful to Solve question given in DAVID SANG(PHYSICS ALEVEL BOOK)?what are the benefits of solving this??

Reaction score
Hi guys.
Do I need to get A in every papers to get A* in total? My friend said that don't need to get every paper(1 to 5) to get an A, but to get an A*, I should not have any B or C in my component. Is he correct?

Reaction score
Hi guys.
Do I need to get A in every papers to get A* in total? My friend said that don't need to get every paper(1 to 5) to get an A, but to get an A*, I should not have any B or C in my component. Is he correct?
it depends on the total mark,
e.g
in m/j 2018, The threshold for A* in physics was 203/260
this was for p11,21,31,41,51

so let's suppose u g0t the following marks
p1 38/40 - which is A for the component
p2 28/60 - which is C for the component
p3 - 32/40 -which is A for the component
p4 - 92/100 -which is A for the component
p5 - 13/30 - which is C for the component

total : 203

thus u get A*

Reaction score
Please tell me is it useful to Solve question given in DAVID SANG(PHYSICS ALEVEL BOOK)?what are the benefits of solving this??
I have the book. The book is good for revision of most topics, but the questions in the book are really easy so no point in doing them. Go straight to past paper questions instead.

Reaction score
Hi guys.
No, you don't need an A in every paper to get an A*. You may have a D in a component and still achieve an A*(of course that requires you to score exceptionally well in the other components). If you look at the grade thresholds for physics, you need to get a raw score of 177 to get an A and 203 for A* out of 260.

Reaction score
No, you don't need an A in every paper to get an A*. You may have a D in a component and still achieve an A*(of course that requires you to score exceptionally well in the other components). If you look at the grade thresholds for physics, you need to get a raw score of 177 to get an A and 203 for A* out of 260.
advice^: don't answer a question that has been answered already :)

Reaction score
Can someone provide an explanation to part (b) of this question?

I'm confused by magnitude of gravitational potential. Gravitatioanl potential is a scalar quantity and it is always negative.
If scalar quantity has magnitude only, the magnitude of gravitational is also a negatvie value.

In the the examiner report, the magnitude of gravitational potential is a positive value. so the answer is Ep = -mφ

Attachments

• 9702_s14_qp_41.png
    9702_s14_qp_41.png
    93 KB · Views: 5
  • 9702_s14_qp_41 er.png
    9702_s14_qp_41 er.png
    202.6 KB · Views: 6
Reaction score
Q. A car of mass 1.2×10^3 kg travels along a horizontal road at a speed of 10 m/s. It then accelerates at 0.20 ms-2. At the time it begins to accelerate, the total resistive force acting on the car is 160 N. What total output is developed by the car as it begins the acceleration? A. 0.80 kW B. 1.60 kW C. 2.4 kW D. 4.0 kW.

Q. A railway locomotive pulling a train delivers a constant power of 2.0×10^6 W to the wheels. The resistive forces are constant at all speeds. The maximum speed that the train can achieve on a level track is 40 ms-1. What is the resultant force accelerating the train when it is traveling at 10 ms-1?
A. 5.0 kW B. 5.5 kW C. 20 kW D. 22 kW