• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Physics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
How to solve part b?

Hi, firstly this is a physics forum and your question is chemistry-related. Please be mindful henceforth :)
As to your question, it's quite a memory based answer. You need to know that MgCl2 dissolves in water to give Mg(OH)2+HCl; Since one product is basic and the other is acidic, your best guess is pH 7.
in case of MgO, you need to know that it hardly dissolves/is slightly soluble. It is more of a surface reaction that occurs in which Mg(OH)2 is produced. As a result, you predict a high pH. Dont go till 14, Mg(OH)2 is not as strong of an alkali.

Reaction score
Hi, firstly this is a physics forum and your question is chemistry-related. Please be mindful henceforth :)
As to your question, it's quite a memory based answer. You need to know that MgCl2 dissolves in water to give Mg(OH)2+HCl; Since one product is basic and the other is acidic, your best guess is pH 7.
in case of MgO, you need to know that it hardly dissolves/is slightly soluble. It is more of a surface reaction that occurs in which Mg(OH)2 is produced. As a result, you predict a high pH. Dont go till 14, Mg(OH)2 is not as strong of an alkali.
Sorry. I didn't notice at that time and thanks.

Reaction score
View attachment 65219 Can someone please help me solve this problem?

To do that we need to use formula F=MA
Horizontal component will be ( 2m/s^2 * 0.05kg = 1N to the left
Vertical component are caused by the effect of gravitational pull, if Mechanics "10m/s^2" Physics "9,81m/s^2". Simply use 0.05kg * 10m/s^2 = 0.5N downwards.

Solving using Pythagoras theorem, tan-1( 1 / 0.5 ) 63.4 degrees

Reaction score
Can anyone help me with this?? "B"View attachment 65228
Consider the weight of a column of air of cross-sectional area A and height h stretching from sea level to the edge of the atmosphere.
The density of the air decreases linearly with height above sea level, so the average density of air in the column is ρ/2 where ρ is the density of air at sea level.
The difference in pressure between the bottom and the top of the column of air is P, the atmospheric pressure at sea level.
The weight of the air column is ρgAh/2 and therefore P = ρgh/2

Solve for h (y)

Reaction score
Hi can i know why question 10 the answer is A. How do u do this type of grpahs questions?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200607_221500_com.google.android.apps.docs.jpg
    Screenshot_20200607_221500_com.google.android.apps.docs.jpg
    381.4 KB · Views: 19
Reaction score
A small charge q is placed in the electric field of a large charge Q.
Both charges experience a force F.
What is the electric field strength of the charge Q at the position of the charge q?

A) F/(Qq)

B) F/Q

C) FqQ

D) F/q

Answer is D, why isn't it B? :O HELP

Reaction score
A small charge q is placed in the electric field of a large charge Q.
Both charges experience a force F.
What is the electric field strength of the charge Q at the position of the charge q?

A) F/(Qq)

B) F/Q

C) FqQ

D) F/q

Answer is D, why isn't it B? :O HELP

Solution 596

Reaction score
[QUOTE =“ kandelbiz,帖子:131649,成员:4642”]
回复:物理在这里帮助!卡在某个地方?在这里问!:)

在8分钟的时间内,3.6 * 10 ^ 16的氯(Cl-)离子在阳极被中和并释放,而1.8 * 10 ^ 16的铜(Cu2 +)离子被中和并沉积在阴极上。
1.计算此时通过电解质的总电荷
[/引用]

Reaction score
IMG_20210223_023324.jpgcan anyone explain Q11 (b) (i)? I read an explanation somehwere and it said that the two forces have to be subtracted because they are opposite in direction. Why subtract when both forces are in same direction? Shouldn't we add? Both springs will exert a force to the left to bring it to the equilibrium position right?