• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Physics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
but don't you think the horizontal components are in opposite direction so they will cancel out each other? and the upward 10 N force will cancel with the downward 10N forcE?

wait what if we make the center line the horizontal line. and if we resolve the two angled 10 N forces we will get 17.3 in the same line as the 10 newtons but they are in opposite directions. so we will have to subtract them and we get 7.3 :/

Reaction score
wait what if we make the center line the horizontal line. and if we resolve the two angled 10 N forces we will get 17.3 in the same line as the 10 newtons but they are in opposite directions. so we will have to subtract them and we get 7.3 :/
do u remember that these are coplaner forces. they originate from the same point. does that have to do with the calculation here?

and the vertical component will be 10 cos 30 not 10 sin 30 i quoted wrongly above. so if we just consider vertical components then it comes 7.3 N, but what to do with the horizontal components i.e 10 sin30 into 2 which comes 10 N

Reaction score
do u remember that these are coplaner forces. they originate from the same point. does that have to do with the calculation here?

and the vertical component will be 10 cos 30 not 10 sin 30 i quoted wrongly above. so if we just consider vertical components then it comes 7.3 N, but what to do with the horizontal components i.e 10 sin30 into 2 which comes 10 N

we will not consider the horizontal components of the two angled 10 N forces since they will cancel out when they are resolved because they are of equal magnitude and opposite in direction. whereas, their vertical components are not in the opposite direction, so they add up. and they are opposite to the 10 N downwards so thats why you subtract.

Reaction score
we will not consider the horizontal components of the two angled 10 N forces since they will cancel out when they are resolved because they are of equal magnitude and opposite in direction. whereas, their vertical components are not in the opposite direction, so they add up. and they are opposite to the 10 N downwards so thats why you subtract.
ohhh yeah you are right. how to do 21st mcq?
i have tried the ratio way but it comes 907 something.

Reaction score
i need help answering questions about diffraction. how will the brightness and fringe width be changed by changing the slit seperation? Please help

Reaction score
hey guys, i need help for paper 3 physics. How do you calculate for maximum error or percentage error? coz sometimes u gotta use the error given but sometimes u gotta multiply it by two, sometimes divide it by half and so on. and is there a basic list of limitations and improvement parts that we can refer too? Please n thanx yall. Love from Malaysia.

Reaction score
hey guys, i need help for paper 3 physics. How do you calculate for maximum error or percentage error? coz sometimes u gotta use the error given but sometimes u gotta multiply it by two, sometimes divide it by half and so on. and is there a basic list of limitations and improvement parts that we can refer too? Please n thanx yall. Love from Malaysia.
u mean percentage uncertanity?? or did i miss that error part?

Reaction score
How do you find the uncertainty in the length???? the question is physics practical P3???
Thank a million![/quote

It depends on what instruments we are using, if it is metre rule, the uncertainty is 0.1 cm, if it is vernier caliper, then, the uncertainty is 0.01 cm whereas micrometer screwgauge has uncertainty of 0.001 cm.. heheh :)

btw, take note that for SINGLE reading, the uncertainty is half of the smallest division, but it is very rare, because if we measure any things, we measure them from two readings, like for example, if we want to measure the length of a pencil, we measure it from 0 cm to 7 cm (example) , so that is considered as two readings, so, the uncertainty will be 0.1 cm.. ;)