• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Physics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
9) when the mass is at the lowest point, its kinetic energy = 0.
hence its velocity is also = 0 m/s
that means, either B or D.
since the first part of the graph shows the "UPWARD" velocity of the mass, hence the ans is D
Hope u gt it!
All credit to Nibz

Jazakallah alf kheir

Reaction score
Can anyone plz tell how the newtonmeter is used in finding the force b/w two charged plates in winter 2006 paper 5 question2? are there any weights added?plz explain IT'S URGENT!!

Reaction score
Hello everyone
I am new to this part of Xtremepapers cuz i hv just finished my O levels n in these vacations i wanna study for A levels .Although i created a thread but there was no reply. Actually i need the name of the best books for Physics A levels that most renown skools follow.

Reaction score
Hello everyone
I am new to this part of Xtremepapers cuz i hv just finished my O levels n in these vacations i wanna study for A levels .Although i created a thread but there was no reply. Actually i need the name of the best books for Physics A levels that most renown skools follow.

I recommend the CIE Endorsed Physics Coursebook. Its really simple to read, with good explanation!

I heard that Pacific A Level Vol 1 and 2 are also good

Reaction score
when we divide quantity by something.what will be the uncertainty of new value? mj/10/52 question number two.plz someone help

Reaction score
Guys Please help me....The Q2 (b) of this paper http://papers.xtremepapers.com/CIE/Cambridge International A and AS Level/Physics (9702)/9702_s10_qp_52.pdf ...Im not able to find the absolute uncertainty of T^2, im not able to calculate the T as well....anybody plz help!

in the beginning they have written the 10 oscillations are taken, thus we have to divide the time with 10, to find the time for EACH oscillation.
uncertainity: (T^2 - Upper limit^2)

hope u get it..

Reaction score
http://papers.xtremepapers.com/CIE/Cambridge International A and AS Level/Physics (9702)/9702_w09_qp_11.pdf

how do you do question 13, 15 and 22?
Also for 21..how is it C? i just got the answer as 0.1

Q13
torque with 0.1m=3Nm,so by cross multiplying find torque with 0.15m,that is=4.5Nm.
then find force for both the torques by F=torque/diameters in metres....
add both the forces ,that's equal to tension.

Q15
mass is inversely propotional to velocities,
so if velocity of 2kg trollry =2m/s then velocity of 1 kg=4m/s
find out the kinetic energy of both trolleys by using 0.5mv2
and add both kinetic energies.

Q22
find cross sectional area of wire using 2pi(0.00025)
the assume original length as any number like 2m
then by using stress=force/area find stress
and then apply formula of youg modulus =stress x original length/extension to find extension...
then( extension/original length+ extension)x 100

hope it helped.

Reaction score
its a simple transformer :/

the pic I have uploaded shows the 2wires winded..
plus the bold wire shows wire y, and the other one is x..

if u gt ths diagram abt how they will wind up.lemme know, othrwse I will make the whole diagram..
:)

But I got this from a textbook, how e.m.f is induced between two coils. What about this then? But maybe yours is right since it says coil Y winded around coil X. It's confusing. In the textbook written is exactly what the experiment wants us to do, current in coil1 and induced e.m.f in coil2

Attachments

• IMG-20130603-00087.jpg
    771.7 KB · Views: 6
Reaction score
how to draw the error bars when the errors are in x-axis??? will the error bars be horizontal????in that case,will the worst acceptable line be drawn from the extreme right error of the first point to the xtreme left error of the last point????? PLZ REPLY ASAP....

Reaction score
A particle of mass 2m and velocity v strikes a wall.
The particle rebounds along the same path after colliding with the wall. The collision is inelastic.
What is a possible change in the momentum of the ball during the collision?
A mv B 2mv C 3mv D 4mv

answer is C.. plz someone explain