• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Physics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score

Then I advise u NOT to look at the mark scheme. First.
Secondly there are different methods of doing the same questions. U try it urself first. if u have a doubt ask someone. And then if u still have a doubt look at the mark scheme. They only give u direct answers. They dont write each and every step.
Thats what my teachers advise me to do.

Reaction score
Can anybody help me find out some of the more difficult questions of Heat, Thermodynamics, Simple Harmonic motion, Gravitation and Centripetal force Chapters? Like if there is any book that contains more difficult questions like there used to be the Abbott in O levels or simply from past papers?

Reaction score
Can somebody PLEASE help with October November 2011 Paper 23 Question 1 D. Sorry couldnt post the link because the website is apparently offline?

Reaction score
Secondly there are different methods of doing the same questions. U try it urself first. if u have a doubt ask someone. And then if u still have a doubt look at the mark scheme. They only give u direct answers. They dont write each and every step.

why this xtremepapers not opening papers link ???

Reaction score

why this xtremepapers not opening papers link ???

Reaction score
Hello! :) I'm going to take Paper 3 (AS Practical Skills) this Thursday, and I have a few questions about the exam..
-Are we allowed to bring calculators?
-When are we supposed to repeat readings? Is it when they ask for 6 sets of readings then we're expected to have two readings for one set? For example, when asked for the voltage between a length of a wire, we're going to give two voltage readings for that length, then get their average?

Reaction score
Q-5 Where they are asked to find out how long does each pulse rate last... See the graph in the form of a wave pattern. The line is constant between the two waves. So dont take that into account. For the first wave, see how long was the wave at its peak. It is 2 blocks. They have told that 1 block is 1 micrometer second. So 2 blocks will be 2x1 = 2 Micrometer second.

Q-7 The ball is thrown upwards. It is thrown against the force of gravity. So it will be -9.81 ms^-2. It is at the top. Still it is agains the force og gravity. Look at the options now. The only option is B.

Reaction score

Q-11. Apply the conservation of Momentum formula.
Initial momentum = Final momentum.
m x 60 - m x 40 (The negative sign represents the object moving in opposite direction) = 2mv (2 because they stick together on impact and also note that both mases are the SAME.)
i.e
m x 60 - m x 40 = 2mv
60m-40m = 2mv
20m = 2mv
m on the left and m on the right cancels out.
so
20/2 = v
v = 10ms^-1

Reaction score

Q-13. Upward force = Down ward force.
w1 d1 = w2 d2.
upward force =5 x 2 ( 2 because the whole length is 4. see the rest of the length written as 2m.) (from 5N till 10N)( So 4-2 = 2m )
downward force = 20 x 3 = 60
Look at the clockwise moment now. The one perpendicular to the vertical length 2m.
again w1 d1 10 x 2 = 20
Equate all the three.
5 x 2 = 20 x 3 = 10 x 2
Resultant = (subtract the three) 60 - 20 - 10 = 30

Reaction score
w1 d1 = w2 d2.
upward force =5 x 2 ( 2 because the whole length is 4. see the rest of the length written as 2m.) (from 5N till 10N)( So 4-2 = 2m )
Look at the clockwise moment now. The one perpendicular to the vertical length 2m.
again w1 d1 10 x 2 = 20
Equate all the three.
5 x 2 = 20 x 3 = 10 x 2

w1 d1 = w2 d2.
again w1 d1 10 x 2 = 20
Equate all the three.
5 x 2 = 20 x 3 = 10 x 2

Thank you
w1 d1 = w2 d2.
again w1 d1 10 x 2 = 20
Equate all the three.
5 x 2 = 20 x 3 = 10 x 2
Thank you very much