• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Physics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
Q. Explain the principles of the generation and detection of ultrasound waves (6marks)
plz give a proper answer to this this question is from oct-nov2011 question 10
thnx

Reaction score
Hey,

So the question is about Work, Energy and Power.
It's in Chapter 5, page 78, Test Yourself 4
I need help, if required I can post a photo with th question later.
Thanks in advance

Reaction score
Salam everyone.
I have a problem with paper 51/ M/J/ 13
Question number 2 a) I dont understand why is the gradient 1/EW and not E/W since C is replaced as x in the formula y=mx+c and c is 1/E .
and in d)i) we get the y-intercept from the graph,right? I got it as 0183 and I used with it the uncertainty i got from the line of best fit and worst acceptble line gradients formula. and what about d)ii and iii?

Reaction score
Hello all! I posted a question on TSR but am not getting a reply. :p
So help me out there, it's all solved. I just need to figure out one little thing. Here's the link:
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2613841
well u can do that but you got to know the force that is acted on A so we have to take the moment about A so that we could safely work out things. if u take moments about C find the force at A. ty

Reaction score
salams,
so i've got 2 questions that need checking.
I will provide everything, you just need to read.

1st question
It's about forces
IMG_20140308_183028.jpg

The answer
IMG_20140308_183039.jpg

And the other question and answer.

IMG_20140308_183827.jpg

Thanks in advance.

Reaction score
http://papers.xtremepapers.com/CIE/Cambridge International A and AS Level/Physics (9702)/9702_s06_qp_4.pdf
Can anyone please help me with Question 2 b (ii) and Question 1c . Please explain the reasoning behind your steps also. Thanks in advance.

use pV=nRT.
Pressure is given , the volume given must be converted to dm^3 , ie multiply with 10^-6 , use the value of R ie 8.31 and the temp in kelvin is already given ...put the values in the equations and calculate n ( the number of moles) .

Reaction score
use pV=nRT.
Pressure is given , the volume given must be converted to dm^3 , ie multiply with 10^-6 , use the value of R ie 8.31 and the temp in kelvin is already given ...put the values in the equations and calculate n ( the number of moles) .
Yes, I got the answer for the first part. But how to find the number of balloons that can be filled?

Reaction score
Yes, I got the answer for the first part. But how to find the number of balloons that can be filled?
using the same formula first calculate the number of moles of gas filled in each balloon ...ryt ...
then ____ moles of gas : 1 ballons (number of balloons)
_______moles calculated in part b(1):x and by this calculate the total number of balloons.

calculate like this and see if the ans is ryt or not.