• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Physics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
Two wire each have length 1.8 m and diameter 1.2 mm.One wire has Young modulus 1.1*10^2 Pa and the other has 2.2*10^11 Pa.One end of each wire is attached to same fixed point and the other end of each is attached to same load of 75 N so that each has same extension.Calculate the extension of the wires.How do I do solve this? (n)

Reaction score
Two wire each have length 1.8 m and diameter 1.2 mm.One wire has Young modulus 1.1*10^2 Pa and the other has 2.2*10^11 Pa.One end of each wire is attached to same fixed point and the other end of each is attached to same load of 75 N so that each has same extension.Calculate the extension of the wires.How do I do solve this? (n)

Reaction score
ok thank you
i just realised the first wire's Young Modulus was supposed to be 1.1*10^11.My bad!!

Reaction score
sir u take ur head and hit it with wall its bouncing back velocity will be only s=ut since it will only hv horizontal component vertical component is zero cuz draw a vector diagram on the given diagramit will be a straight line on y axis dat means x is zero so left is horizontal component and dats y s=ut sorry for late reply

Reaction score
Somebody please help,
In this paper, in question number 4, it gives a stress-strain curve (BTW flipped axis to trick you when finding Young's Modulus) then says:
"State whether the material of the rod is ductile, brittle or polymeric."

Now I know it's brittle cuz it breaks/snaps at a point, and I know that for a ductile material it would curve to undergo plastic deformation, but I'm curious as to what the graph of the polymeric material would look like.

If possible, can someone post an image of the stress-strain curves of ductile, brittle, and polymeric materials being shown side by side?

Thanks.