• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Physics: Post your doubts here!

omg

Reaction score
Thank you so much! :)

Also, for this question, To find the total EMF, why are we subtracting 12 from 20? Shouldn't we be adding to find the total emf? :s

and for part (ii) , why can't I use the formula P=V2/R to find the power of G?
Welcome

erm are you sure you posted the right screen shot?

Reaction score
Try to ask your lecturer to let you in for at least 1 lesson. Other than that, there's not much you can do for the practical. Just make sure to read the instructions carefully and don't waste marks unnecessarily on careless mistakes like significant figures. Really watch your significant figures. Good luck!
Any rules you might know of working with sig figs? I mean I know the idea but is there something you're likely to confuse in the exams?

Reaction score
So for this question there's a part (iii), which requires us to:

Calculate the current in the battery.

How do we the get the resistance as 2? :s The correct answer is 6 A.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-05-12 at 5.13.32 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-05-12 at 5.13.32 PM.png
    242.5 KB · Views: 12
Reaction score
Any rules you might know of working with sig figs? I mean I know the idea but is there something you're likely to confuse in the exams?
For the practical, make sure you standardize all of the sig fig for the measurements and calculations that you do. For example, you are plotting a graph of resistance against length. The resistance is from the resistors that you alter. The sig fig for these values don't matter because you aren't measuring it. However the length you are measuring, hence the sig fig matter. Then the values for gradient and etc must also have the same sig fig as the length.
If you calculate 2 values each with a different sig fig ( lets say 1 sig fig and 2 sig fig), the resultant value, the sig fig you take the lower one which is 1 sig fig. Good luck!

Reaction score
explain this please
See you have the horizontal component of velocity which is equal to ucostheta.Here it is given as 8.2. Using this and the angle cos60 evaluate u which is 16.5. Then for vertical component use formula usintheta using 60 as theta and 16.5 as u, you will get 14.2.

Reaction score
So for this question there's a part (iii), which requires us to:

Calculate the current in the battery.

How do we the get the resistance as 2? :s The correct answer is 6 A.
emf is 12 and internal resistance is 0.5 which gives the current as 6 A. For resistance R=V/I where voltage is 12 and current is 6.

Reaction score
How do we do the 2nd question? :'(

answer is 4.93 ms^-2

Answer for the magnitude is 6.9 x 10^-5

HELPPPPPPPPPP

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-05-12 at 9.53.57 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-05-12 at 9.53.57 PM.png
    216.5 KB · Views: 16
Reaction score
Hello.
I was wondering if any of you could help or share some resource with me regarding Kirchhoff's Second (Voltage) Law.
I just cant seem to make sense of the sign conventions used. Is there any easier way of assigning signs. Any help is appreciated.