• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Physics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
The question says to derive the equation fiekd strength= potential gradient/ charge
I posted the ms
Energy is potential into charge
Potential is energy/charge
Gradient of potential=energy gradient/charge

Reaction score
Light of wavelength 600 nm is incident on a pair of slits. Fringes with a spacing of 4.0 mm are formed on a screen.
What will be the fringe spacing when the wavelength of the light is changed to 400 nm and the separation of the slits is doubled?

A) 1.3mm
B) 3.0mm
C) 5.3mm
D) 12mm

Reaction score
need help in solving this...

3x7g4m7.png

Reaction score
For practicals , the last question has calculating k value and then it asks whether the suggested relationship is correct?
What do you write for that?
Like some say that it is correct if the percentage difference is less than the percentage uncertainty calculated in the measurement
But then how exactly to frame your answer?
And also how to frame it when the relationship is not held true (i.e the percentage difference is more than the percentage uncertainty calculated in the measurement)?

Reaction score
Hi guys! So I have my practical exam tomorrow, does anyone have last minute tips that would be helpful?

Also, do we need to know how to measure using a vernier caliper and micrometer?

Reaction score
Light of wavelength 600 nm is incident on a pair of slits. Fringes with a spacing of 4.0 mm are formed on a screen.
What will be the fringe spacing when the wavelength of the light is changed to 400 nm and the separation of the slits is doubled?

A) 1.3mm
B) 3.0mm
C) 5.3mm
D) 12mm
Is the answer A?