• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Physics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
  • A sprinter runs a 100 m race in a straight line. He accelerates from the starting block at a constant acceleration of 2.5 m s–2 to reach his maximum speed of 10 m s–1. He maintains this speed until he crosses the finish line. Which time does it take the sprinter to run the race? A 4s B 10s C 12s D 20s. Answer is C, how?

Reaction score
can anyone send me A-Level Physics by Roger Muncaster pdf? I really need one to score good grades I am literally failing physics in every exam I had.

Reaction score
Ans = D
How??
since the magnitude of them are all equal and you require a resultant torque (turning effect) i think D is right as there is upward force and a downward force so no resultant force but since 1 is acting upward from the centre and 1 is from the side they wont cancel the movement as they aint in the same direction so it'll cause a resulatant torque