• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Physics practical (34)

Reaction score
hey hi guys,
Time is going short for phy practical. As much as i have heard oscillation with prism and something with magnet is coming, any one how has more information about it plzzz shear it with us. And as soon as i got more info i m gonna shear it with u guys so plzzzzzzz be fast and shear the guesses with us..,

Reaction score
yes....anyone..we need help juz like you all helped people for paper33....plzzz

Reaction score
the magnet question is related to deflection. u will note the deflection by changing the voltage in the wire.
the prism question i think is related to extension produced in spring by changing the positions...

Reaction score
To Sabrina...thanks alot...you are wonderful....also if you get more update...plzz post

Reaction score
hey sabrina can u lyk explain da experiments!!!???
i didnt even get a word lol!!!magnetx nd voltage??hw????

plz pm me!!!

Reaction score
me too plz... i wud help u in return.. pm me plz sabrina... May Allah bless u......

Reaction score
hey sabrina...plz also pm me the details of how to perform those experiments...as i have never done a physics lab....plzzz help and all your wishes will come true....thankxx

Reaction score
Guys there is a problem here I don't think a magnet question can come in AS practical as magnetism is not an AS syllabus. Although it can come in Physics P5.
These are the only practicals which are included in AS level physics.
Terminal Velocity
Acceleration down a Slope
Triangle of Forces Board
Finding the Mass of a Meter Rule using the Principle of Moments
Finding the Densities of Different Materials
Elasticity and Springs
Finding the Young Modulus of a Wire
Measuring the Resistivity of a Wire
Potential Divider
Measuring gravity using a Pendulum

Reaction score
@above:-
U shud have bit ov know how ov magnetism, though v study it in A2 !

Reaction score
Well the spring one consist the following.

• find the spring constant for a spring that you have been given;
• find the energy stored in that spring for a certain force by calculating the area under
the force-extension graph;
• investigate the same behavior for different arrangements of springs in series and
parallel.

Recording and presenting your data
1 For each combination of springs (including the single spring), draw up a table of results
showing all the measurements you have taken. Each table of results should include a
column for the extension of the springs.
2 For each combination of springs (including the single spring), plot a graph of force F (yaxis)
against extension x (x-axis).

Analysing your data
1 Use the force-extension graph for the single spring to calculate the energy required to
extend the spring to the limit of proportionality.
2 Calculate the gradient of the linear section of each of your force-extension graphs.
3 Use your answers to 2 to determine the spring constant k for each combination of
springs (including the single spring).
4 For each combination of springs (including the single spring), calculate the value of k / K
where K is the spring constant of the single spring.
5 Comment on your answers to 4, drawing parallels to the resistances of combinations of
electrical resistors.

Evaluation
1 Describe any steps that you took to reduce errors.
2 Any limitations or problems with the method chosen.
3 Suggest one way in which the accuracy of the measurements could be improved.

Reaction score
but remember there are many students who are only appearing for AS physics. Therefore it is not possible for Cambridge to include a A2 syllabus question in AS practical. What do u say Vlad ?

Reaction score
thanks araibmuneem!!!! u r awesome...

ok i am confuse now....so is the magnet question on there or not...plzz reply

Reaction score
dude i am not sure but how is it possible to include a A2 question in AS practical someone plz make it clear if the magnet question is coming ??? .

Reaction score
Apart from the variables being measured, was there any other factor that might have
affected the results?
• Which measurements were difficult to make?
• What were the largest sources of error?
• Were there any systematic errors?
• Was enough data collected?