• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Physics Unit 2. How was it ???!!!

Reaction score
Yeah..the resistance increases.:( ..wht could we write for 4 marks.?:confused:

the part about using ammeter with non-negligable resistance and volt-meter with low resistance i wrote that when voltmeter is connected in parallel the current passing through the load variable resistor will decrease and the current in the circuit will decrease due to decrease in resistance so voltage drop across internal R increase while it decrease at load resistor but an ammeter in parallel will reduce the current for the whole circuit

Reaction score
Overall the paper was okay i guess the last 2 questions were the hardest of the paper and the polarisation question I wasn't too sure about either .What type of circuit did you guys have for the bulbs?

Reaction score
Overall the paper was okay i guess the last 2 questions were the hardest of the paper and the polarisation question I wasn't too sure about either .What type of circuit did you guys have for the bulbs?

series ofc

Reaction score
the part about using ammeter with non-negligable resistance and volt-meter with low resistance i wrote that when voltmeter is connected in parallel the current passing through the load variable resistor will decrease and the current in the circuit will decrease due to decrease in resistance so voltage drop across internal R increase while it decrease at load resistor but an ammeter in parallel will reduce the current for the whole circuit
U r partially right.cox we had to mention p=I2R ..i.power dissipated.internal resistance..bla bla bla..ur points are not enough for 4 marks.:(

Reaction score
I left it blank...:'(

Reaction score
the multipel chooice i choosed standing waves is a violin string
the energy part i wrote mgh/IVA
the drift velocity was v/2 since length had nothing to do with it
Yayyyyy!!!!!!!! I just guessed all of these.and my answers match with yours..:D yai..i hope they're correct.

Reaction score
the multipel chooice i choosed standing waves is a violin string
the energy part i wrote mgh/IVA
the drift velocity was v/2 since length had nothing to do with it
Actually i left the MCQs for the end...i completed the exam in 45 minuites.and I just totally forgot about the MCQs..until the invigilator said.."5 mins left.plz wind up.!":(

Reaction score
Yayyyyy!!!!!!!! I just guessed all of these.and my answers match with yours..:D yai..i hope they're correct.

hahaha that made me feel better btw the last question the part about using the same power supply i wrote that current is the same in series and the voltage will depends on its resistance therefore the largest resistance ( main lamp) would get a high voltage ..etc and thus it can supply the power needed for them both

Reaction score
Actually i left the MCQs for the end...i completed the exam in 45 minuites.and I just totally forgot about the MCQs..until the invigilator said.."5 mins left.plz wind up.!":(

i skipped MCQ but got back to it later

Reaction score
hahaha that made me feel better btw the last question the part about using the same power supply i wrote that current is the same in series and the voltage will depends on its resistance therefore the largest resistance ( main lamp) would get a high voltage ..etc and thus it can supply the power needed for them both
I dnt remember..*BLANK FACE*

Reaction score
I dnt remember..*BLANK FACE*

hahah no worries 2 marks
btw the finding refractive index question i said plot a sin (i) sin (r) graph and find the gradient ...etc i wrote measure angle of incidence and angle of refraction and vary them and find gradient cause mu=sini/sinr

Reaction score
hahah no worries 2 marks
btw the finding refractive index question i said plot a sin (i) sin (r) graph and find the gradient ...etc i wrote measure angle of incidence and angle of refraction and vary them and find gradient cause mu=sini/sinr
I wrote the same.but I'm not sure whther its right..but isn't any other way..:p actually couldn't think of any other,:p