• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

POST YOUR BIO AND CHEM PAPER 1 DOUBT HERE !!!!

Reaction score
Yes, unreactive metals are noble gases. But as I said before, If you read throughout the answer I gave and the example, you would see that it is not necessary a noble gas, it could be any group, but the two elements must be in the same group.
Yes they are in the same group but accoring to student 2 if u pick an element from grp0 both of them will be frm same grp i.e grp0 so they'll be unreactive

Reaction score
Yes they are in the same group but accoring to student 2 if u pick an element from grp0 both of them will be frm same grp i.e grp0 so they'll be unreactive

The given information is that Element Y has 8 more than X, only. So, the students are asked to draw conclusions according to this information. So one student says they MUST be in the same group, and the other says they MUST be unreactive. The second student is obviously incorrect because it can also be in another group and the information given would still be correct.

Reaction score
Alright ..
lets take any element fron grp 0 according to student 2
eg : I take Argon , question says that Atom X (eg: Argon) has 8 more elctrons than Atom Y
The proton number of Argon is 18 which is equal to the number of electron
So, subtract 18-8=10 and check in the periodic table for the element with the proton number 10
Neon has the proton number 10
Now ,Neon and argon are unreactive? Yes! Are they in the same group? Yes!
So your answer is A :)

The problem here with your answer is that you are asking questions according to the suggested conclusions, no, you should ask questions according to the information given.

Reaction score
Because in B, something caused the RATE of population increase to increase, i.e. a limiting factor.

no but when limiting factor is there , there shuld be a sigmoid curve !! like for our human population there are no limiting factors , its continuosly increasing so the graph for us is like "B"

Reaction score
Alright ..
lets take any element fron grp 0 according to student 2
eg : I take Argon , question says that Atom X (eg: Argon) has 8 more elctrons than Atom Y
The proton number of Argon is 18 which is equal to the number of electron
So, subtract 18-8=10 and check in the periodic table for the element with the proton number 10
Neon has the proton number 10
Now ,Neon and argon are unreactive? Yes! Are they in the same group? Yes!
So your answer is A :)
wow best explanation ever! Thanks a lot!