• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

POST YOUR BIO AND CHEM PAPER 1 DOUBT HERE !!!!

Reaction score
Chemistry , Nov03 no.36
Unstaurated compounds are those having double bonds in them so it is either A or C..
Considering C,it has CO2H which is equivaled to COOH then it is a carboxylic acid so doesn't form a neutral soultion..

Reaction score
Thanks Skynox too :) ,
Juno4 no.29 please , Why the answer is 150 ?
what is the percentage of oxygen in air? 20%
the question states that ALL the oxygen is used up..which means that 20% of the air is used AND that is equicalent to 30cm3 (as it says the volume of air is decreased by 30)

% of air = 100 % of Oxygen = 20
Volume of air = ? Volume of oxygen = 30

cross multiply! i.e 100*30/20 = 150cm3

hope that helps :)

Reaction score
Student 1 is correct because Look for example in the periodic Table at Sodium and potassium they are under each other right ? so the difference between them is 8 PROTONS (atomic number ) and ELECTRONS IS EQUAL TO PROTONS IN AN ATOM so K has 8 more electrons than Na , so he is right they are both K and Na in the same group (as an example ). Student 2 said it is unreactive he is wrong because both Na and K are reactive , and could form ionic compounds . That's what I believe , does that make sense to you ???
Assalam-o-alaikum wr wb..

well the question says which student "can" be correct...
which means that IF atom X is argon...atom Y will be Krypton....it shows that both "CAN" be correct as argon and krypton are unreactive!

Reaction score
Assalam-o-alaikum wr wb..

well the question says which student "can" be correct...
which means that IF atom X is argon...atom Y will be Krypton....it shows that both "CAN" be correct as argon and krypton are unreactive!
wa alaikum al salam wr wb
Yeah but count for me the proton number for argon and krypton and see the difference between the proton ( atomic number ) which when AN ATOMIC NUMBER OF ELECTRON EQUALS PROTONS , it will have a difference of 18 . but between K and Na is a difference of 8 ,which K has 8 more electrons than Na . and both are in the same group and reactive , and can form ionic bonds with non metals for example .

Reaction score
wa alaikum al salam wr wb
Yeah but count for me the proton number for argon and krypton and see the difference between the proton ( atomic number ) which when AN ATOMIC NUMBER OF ELECTRON EQUALS PROTONS , it will have a difference of 18 . but between K and Na is a difference of 8 ,which K has 8 more electrons than Na . and both are in the same group and reactive , and can form ionic bonds with non metals for example .
sorry i didn't notice that b4 :oops: well in that case take Neon and Argon...they have a difference of 8 protons!
(argon and krypton have a difference of more than 8 bcoz the transitional elements fall between them)

Reaction score
Atom X has 8 more electrons than atom Y.
Student 1 says they are in the same group.
Student 2 says they are unreactive.
Which students can be correct?
student 1 student 2
A  yes yes
B  yes no
C  no yes
D  no no
I don't get the question so that i will solve it
It's A .

Reaction score
yeschemistry , I thought the right answer is A cause i marked it wrong (A), Anyway , Why it increased by 5 ?