• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

POST YOUR BIO AND CHEM PAPER 1 DOUBT HERE !!!!

Reaction score
yeschemistry , I thought the right answer is A cause i marked it wrong (A), Anyway , Why it increased by 5 ?
It shouldn't be increased it should be decreased as Endothermic reaction will take the energy from the surrounding and it should be 5 because half the volume of water is used

Reaction score
Nov 2006, Question 15 is this!
View attachment 12284
the answer is D for a simple reason rxn is catalyzed by an enzyme so if we raise the temperature the enzyme will work faster thus increasing the rate if rxn
it cant be any of the others
because cooling will lower the enzyme action
adding water will make the solution more dilute less concentration thus low rxn rate
heating to a boiling point will denature the enzyme so the best answer is D

Reaction score
the answer is D for a simple reason rxn is catalyzed by an enzyme so if we raise the temperature the enzyme will work faster thus increasing the rate if rxn
it cant be any of the others
because cooling will lower the enzyme action
adding water will make the solution more dilute less concentration thus low rxn rate
heating to a boiling point will denature the enzyme so the best answer is D
Assalam-o-alaikum wr wb..
actually she confused the paper..i mean she told me to check 2006 instead of 2008 so i was telling her that Q15 in 2006 is that..iow it wasn't a doubt! thanx anyway :)