• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

POST YOUR BIO AND CHEM PAPER 1 DOUBT HERE !!!!

Reaction score
Chemistry MCQ doubt:
Q: In some countries, ethanol, rather than petrol, is used as a fuel for cars. Which gas is not present in the exhaust from cars that burn ethanol?
A Carbon dioxide
B Nitrogen
C Oxides of nitrogen
D Sulphur dioxide
Is the answer D??

Reaction score
Thank u for ur reply.. hmm I still dont get it :p We can take any atom ryt? Coz it doesn't say an atom from group 0! So if we take magnesium as atom X (proton no. 12) & Calcium as atom Y (12+8 = 20).. they are in different groups & also not unreactive..
Actually in the ques the just gave suggestions
We have to answer for which suggestions can be correct
So student 2 took a noble gas and gave his suggestion while student 1 did not tak a noble gas, so both of them are correct
It CAN be unreactive & it CAN be in the same grp
Calcium & Magnesium are in the same group..

Maz

Reaction score
Em not very sure..
I think NaOH forms so at the negative electrode it turns blue/purple & at anode forms chlorine so it becomes colourless (bleached)
I thought the same thing too,but the ms says it's B.
Red at the anode and purple at the cathode.

Reaction score
Chemistry MCQ doubt:
Q: In some countries, ethanol, rather than petrol, is used as a fuel for cars. Which gas is not present in the exhaust from cars that burn ethanol?
A Carbon dioxide
B Nitrogen
C Oxides of nitrogen
D Sulphur dioxide
Could give me the year ?