• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

POST YOUR BIO AND CHEM PAPER 1 DOUBT HERE !!!!

Reaction score
May/June 2003 Q 32, chem
the answer is D, y D? :s
Why can't we electroplate it or grease it? :cry:
"Disregard for practicalities was also evident in the response to this question. All of the techniques mentioned
in the question can be used to prevent rusting but neither coating with grease nor electroplating are very
realistic in respect of a large object such as a girder for a bridge. "- examiners report
There u go, yup right answer areeba

Reaction score
i guess the answer "chromatography" for the question in the chem paper 61," how can you test the purity of the crystals?" is wrong, because the exact same question came in the 2003 may/june mcq paper (Q3)...the answer is to check its melting point.

Reaction score
i guess the answer "chromatography" for the question in the chem paper 61," how can you test the purity of the crystals?" is wrong, because the exact same question came in the 2003 may/june mcq paper (Q3)...the answer is to check its melting point.
But I believe Boiling point is also Correct .

Reaction score
I actually don't remember the question , but was there crystals in it :S ?

Reaction score
I guess it was coffee grains :p
It should have been chromatography

chromatography is the way to check if something is pure or not but i guess it will be correct if someone will mention a bit more detail that when we will perform chromatography it will not give range of spots if it is pure

Reaction score
19) Which potassium salt produces a yellow precipitate when it is dissolved in water and acidified
aqueous lead(II) nitrate is added?
A potassium chloride
B potassium iodide
C potassium nitrate
0 potassium sulphate
B, because it has iodide ions which cause a yellow precipitate :D

Reaction score
19) Which potassium salt produces a yellow precipitate when it is dissolved in water and acidified
aqueous lead(II) nitrate is added?
A potassium chloride
B potassium iodide
C potassium nitrate
0 potassium sulphate
what is the answer?
Potassium iodide

Reaction score
15 Which process can convert molecules to a new substance by removing hydrogen atoms?
A displacement
B fermentation
C neutralisation
o oxidation
why it is A

Reaction score
15 Which process can convert molecules to a new substance by removing hydrogen atoms?
A displacement
B fermentation
C neutralisation
o oxidation
why it is A
In displacement salts are derived by displacing hydrogen from an acid.. so ACID is converted to SALT