• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

POST YOUR BIO AND CHEM PAPER 1 DOUBT HERE !!!!

Reaction score
Could someone please explain this?? I chose A, since the liquid marker in P will move to the left coz CO2 is absorbed and the one in Q moved to the right coz CO2 is produced (I thought!)
uBbY3.jpg

Reaction score
Could someone please explain this?? I chose A, since the liquid marker in P will move to the left coz CO2 is absorbed and the one in Q moved to the right coz CO2 is produced (I thought!)
uBbY3.jpg
soda lime absorbs the CO2 produced and so O2 and CO2 concentration decrease, decreasing the pressure and so liquid moves to the left, but at Q, the CO2 produced is not absorbed and the concenetration of gases stays the same (oxygen in=carbon dioxide out) and so there is no change in pressure and so it doesnt move. so B :D

Maz

Reaction score
The ans is B.
Since one of the offspring is white, there should be a b allele coming from both the parents. As there is no option for a white parent we can assume that both of the parents are heterozygous ( genotype) and phenotype is brown.

Reaction score
soda lime absorbs the CO2 produced and so O2 and CO2 concentration decrease, decreasing the pressure and so liquid moves to the left, but at Q, the CO2 produced is not absorbed and the concenetration of gases stays the same (oxygen in=carbon dioxide out) and so there is no change in pressure and so it doesnt move. so B :D
Thanks bruv..

Reaction score
Please help me with this question.. I can only see 4 stamens.. but according to the answer given, it says the plant has more than 4 stamens.

VAGiK.jpg

Maz

Reaction score
Can any1 plz explain june 2011 bio ppr 1, qs 26, 28 and 30??? thnx alot!:)
Variant 1?
26) D- you have to remember that the pod was earlier the carpel.So the pollen enters through the topmost part (stigma)
28) D- germinating does not involve an increase in dry mass. ( don't know the reason)
30) A- Since Y and 2 X chromosomes cannot be found in a female gamete.

Maz

Reaction score
Please help me with this question.. I can only see 4 stamens.. but according to the answer given, it says the plant has more than 4 stamens.

VAGiK.jpg
It's a cross section, meaning only half of the plant is show. So, if you can see 4 stamens, the plant really has 8.

Reaction score
Variant 1?
26) D- you have to remember that the pod was earlier the carpel.So the pollen enters through the topmost part (stigma)
28) D- germinating does not involve an increase in dry mass. ( don't know the reason)
30) A- Since Y and 2 X chromosomes cannot be found in a female gamete.
ohk thnx!:)

can any1 explain wht is da diff btwn dry and wet mass?