• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

POST YOUR BIO AND CHEM PAPER 1 DOUBT HERE !!!!

Reaction score
For Q15 it says that the answer is B. From what I understood of it was that CO2 would diffuse into A, B, C and D. CO2 is not used a lot in A, C, or D so let's assume that they all have the same quantity of CO2. B, on the other hand, is a palisade cell which means its the main site of photosynthesis. Photosynthesis uses up CO2 which means the cell would have less CO2 in it after photosynthesis. Now if you compare all of these cells together, you can safely say that B would contain the least amount of CO2 in it because it carries out photosynthesis the most.

For Q33, the producer is the missing element. You can also tell by reading the question. They mentioned organisms feeding on the rat and another feeding on these organisms (so you have consumers, carnivores, and predators) but they didn't mention anything about producers. You could also tell by he picture - no producers found.

I hope that helped :D

Reaction score
thinking about this logically .. we have water at the end therefore the solution becomes less acidic .. which means the pH increases​
the oxidation state of chromium stays 6+ ... as in the ionic eqn : 2CrO4 ^-2 + 2H+ ----> Cr2O7^2- + H2O .. hope u got it :D
dude it is very easy about the ox state u just need 2 calculate but with the PH u just have to read the question they said adding KOH to potassium dichromate so the ph of dichromate is below 7 since it is acidic so adding alkali will 4 sure increase the PH no matter to 7 or above i hope u got it ;)

Reaction score
For Q15 it says that the answer is B. From what I understood of it was that CO2 would diffuse into A, B, C and D. CO2 is not used a lot in A, C, or D so let's assume that they all have the same quantity of CO2. B, on the other hand, is a palisade cell which means its the main site of photosynthesis. Photosynthesis uses up CO2 which means the cell would have less CO2 in it after photosynthesis. Now if you compare all of these cells together, you can safely say that B would contain the least amount of CO2 in it because it carries out photosynthesis the most.

For Q33, the producer is the missing element. You can also tell by reading the question. They mentioned organisms feeding on the rat and another feeding on these organisms (so you have consumers, carnivores, and predators) but they didn't mention anything about producers. You could also tell by he picture - no producers found.

I hope that helped :D
Thanks aloooot for the help !! :D

Reaction score
Reaction score
Q 25 : the question is about shoot not radicle... and shoot responded away from gravity (negative geotropism)
Q40: because green is the chlorophyll pigment..no chlorophyll-->no photosynthesis-->plants die ! :)
thank u !! :)
But for Q 25 the ans is A !:confused:

Reaction score
thank u !! :)
But for Q 25 the ans is A !:confused:
yes it's A because the shoot "showed a response to gravity" which is negative because shoots always grow away from gravity while radicle always grows towards gravity :)