• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

POST YOUR BIO AND CHEM PAPER 1 DOUBT HERE !!!!

Reaction score
Assalam-o-alaikum wr wb...

Chemistry Questions :
november 05 # 39 I do know that because there is no double bond so it is an alkane which will not decolourise the bromine , but if you count the number of carbon atoms and hydrogen atoms it will give you C6H12 Which is matching the General formula alkene CnH2n . So it could be B . ??!

the answer IS B...bcoz alkanes CAN burn....!
Chemistry Questions :
June 06 # 19 three of them will produce Cu ions . I do understand that for Cu + H2so4 ->CuSo4(copper Cu2+ ion present ) + H2 . and for CuCo3+H2so4-> CuSo4 (Cu2+ ions present ) +H20 + c02 .What about Cu(OH)2 + H2so4???Why there is no copper ions .
A metal doesn't react with any acid...so in the first test tube there is no reaction...
in the second test tube...a reaction will take place so tehre will be copper ions in it..same will happen in test tube 3! and therefore the answer is C.
Chemistry Questions :
November 06 # 5 did not get it .
I think the answer is wrong in the mark scheme...it should be 2
cuz there are 2 chlorine (17) one noble gas (Argon) and 2 Metals (Potassium)
i don't think that noble gas is a nonmetal :confused:
correct me if i am wrong...
Chemistry Questions :
November 08# 20 why does the ph fall because BaNo3 + HCL-> Bacl + Hno3 ( Which one is acidic to decrease the pH 'from the products' ??!!!)
Barium nitrate is alkaline...when you add dilute HCl in it...it becomes acidic...i.e the pH decreases!
and no precipitate forms! (bcoz barium chloride is aqueous)

Reaction score
Sorry I meant why isn't it B ?
For June 11 Variant 1 It has the question of pollen grain ? when they asked path of pollen tube .
i guess they wanted the shortest reasonable one so it cant be C since it's coming from the outside so it will be D

Reaction score
i guess they wanted the shortest reasonable one so it cant be C since it's coming from the outside so it will be D
How , like Why C even it is outside . I believe it could be D because it is coming from tip . Were it was picked from the pea plant . I dunno maybe .

Reaction score

A metal doesn't react with any acid...so in the first test tube there is no reaction...
in the second test tube...a reaction will take place so tehre will be copper ions in it..same will happen in test tube 3! and therefore the answer is C.

Barium nitrate is alkaline...when you add dilute HCl in it...it becomes acidic...i.e the pH decreases!
What made the Barium Nitrate acidic ? I believe because it formed hno3 ?

Reaction score

i thought the same thing for rhere 2is 2 chlorines only so the answer should be 2 .

Reaction score
Ya definitely..anything which is a non metal eg:noble gas,halogens etc..is considered as a non metallic element :) And sorry i didnt read your question well :p
nah LOL...it's okie :p
and well...jazakallah Khair :)
May Allah give you success in this world as well as the hereafter...and may He make the papers easy for you...Aameen :)

Reaction score
Warning:
in need of assistance again... XC

MJ 2006 QUESTION 4 ISNT IT A NOT C????!!!!! :(
ALSO CAN ANYONE GIVE ME SOME TIPS ON CHEM PAPER1 ?
I WOULD REALLY APPRECIATE THAT :')

Reaction score
Warning:
in need of assistance again... XC
MJ 2006 QUESTION 4 ISNT IT A NOT C????!!!!! :(
ALSO CAN ANYONE GIVE ME SOME TIPS ON CHEM PAPER1 ?
I WOULD REALLY APPRECIATE THAT :')
Ya its definitely A not C..As for tips..study the syllabus and then solve as many pastpapers as u can specially the old ones..thats the greatest tip i can give u :)