• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

psychology

Reaction score
Evaluation does not mean entirely is looking at the bad ones. Evaluating should look at the pros and cons of the method you conducted. More positive than negative arguments, then the better it is. E.g. If the study is done using a field experiment. You can evaluate that it is high in ecological validity. It also reduces the demand characteristics. Bt field experiment can be difficult to control, etc etc. with elaboration. There is no definite way of starting the essay, but use the 'P.E.E.L.' technique for each paragraph. point, elaborate, example, link. it is recommended that one paragraph should be for one issue. bu dont make it too lengthy as there are many issues to talk and the limited time.

ok, as for dematte, the practical issues can be focused on the overall issues, e.g. methodology, control, time, etc. In this case, for dematte, it can me the use of olfactometer, static pictures, scales to rate attractiveness (these are the causes of issue on ecological validity). Next, is the problem of the participants rated the odour, but not the facial attractiveness, thus can affect its practical issue of validity, Next is the problem of the sample. only females were used. They were not asked about their menstrual cycle or their sexual orientation. again, this could affect the result, thus, causes the practical issue of validity once again. these are just examples of practical issues.

Reaction score
do remember that these are just examples and ways to answer. But I cannot guarantee you that the questions should be answered that way bcause they could manipulate or adjust the questions different from the sample paper, like what hpnd for P1.

Reaction score
The study by Maguire is the most difficult study to comprehend :mad: , especially when all you have is the original study.

Reaction score
hey for boron cohem guys what are the statistics ??
n can sum one explain me held and hein study plus langlois one

Reaction score
The study by Maguire is the most difficult study to comprehend :mad: , especially when all you have is the original study.

Check psychexchange.com there is a PowerPoint on the Maguire study which outlines it quite well!!
Maguire was in Paper 11 as an essay question in Section B so I don't think I'll have to face that one in Paper 2 :]

Reaction score
it was like stupidest question evr how are we suppose to kno how brains of taxi drivers is applicable in real world :mad: and weakness and strengths of physiology approach :'(

Reaction score
Maguire is such a unfair study to ask that question on. Seriously. But you know what, you can still get an A. I'm pretty sure you'll do well.