• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

psychology

Reaction score
do tell me if u need some thing and stay here if i hav any questions i ll ask
if u stay awake we can discuss studies 1 by 1 ? for evaluations ?

Reaction score
best of luckk :) we ll discuss p2 frm 2mrw :)
wat say ? lets fix a tym for it wen odr ppl come bak

Reaction score
How did ur guys paper go today?? i gave 12....was fairly easy except for the question on individual differences

Reaction score
the paper(12) was okey accept for
for the questions on the autism and moral child judgement....

Reaction score
mine was good too except for 2 3 questions !
guys how are u preparing for ppr 2
and came some 1 please explain me what to prepare :'( i have to idea
please explain the format

Reaction score
will go through the discussions of all studies as they are more likely to b asked in Q.2. For the alternate method, i m gonna go through some notes on designing an exp written by chief examiner. Will upload them on 15th.

Reaction score
heyyy please can u do dem earlier
will reali realiiii appreciate it
i am studying psychology totally on my own will appreciate help

Reaction score
Hey, my friend just introduced me to this page, is anyone doing pysc. a2 aswell as a's?

Reaction score
sorry for the late reply, had 2 consecutive papers so... anyways the according to the cheif examiner no alternate method is wrong as long as it follows these guidelines
1. Aim of the study
2. lab/quasi/ field (note it is necessary to mention here tht u r required to conduct the research only in the location specified in the question)
3. longitudinal/ snapshot
4.experimental design: independant measure/ matched pair/ repeated measure
5. sample's features ( size, age, gender, race, socio-economic background,location)
6. sample's selection ( self- selection/ selection by opportunity/ random/ snowball)
7. Materials
8. observation: naturalistic/ controlled/ participant
9. I.Vs and their manipulation
10. Measurement of D.V
11. collection of quantitative and/ or qualitative data( self report questionnaires, interviews, rating scales)
12.inter- rater reliability: if possible and details of the procedure

Reaction score
Hello! Ok, here trying to help you guys, esp. you Dean. lol.

Also another tips from my teacher with regards to the alternative study.
-In the sample paper, the first question asks about a 'method'. This could be anything, including non-experimental methods, e.g. interviews, surveys/questionnaires, case study, etc.
- The alternative method asks you to use the method specified on the first question. So you have to design your own.
NOTE: It is very important that you make the study as ethical/valid/reliable/representative/ecological valid as possible to score really high. 10 marks on this, as many points as you can, as long as you cover sufficient details. This is already mentioned by kitty18.
- The next question is also painfully 10 marks. You need to evaluate your alternative study. This is where the issues I mentioned earlier come in handy. You need to make sure you cover as many issues as possible, esp. (validity, ecological validity, demand characteristics, reliability, sample representativeness, method practical issues (funding, snapshot/longitudinal, control, extraneous variables, IV/DV), ethical issues (confidentiality, consent, harm, deception, debriefing, withdrawal).
NOTE: It is very important that your study is as ethical as possible and can be replicated
RECOMMENDATION: List down all the issues when designing your alternative study and eliminate each one of them so you can get them all covered.

Wish us all the best :)

Reaction score
Hello! Ok, here trying to help you guys, esp. you Dean. lol.

Also another tips from my teacher with regards to the alternative study.
-In the sample paper, the first question asks about a 'method'. This could be anything, including non-experimental methods, e.g. interviews, surveys/questionnaires, case study, etc.
- The alternative method asks you to use the method specified on the first question. So you have to design your own.
NOTE: It is very important that you make the study as ethical/valid/reliable/representative/ecological valid as possible to score really high. 10 marks on this, as many points as you can, as long as you cover sufficient details. This is already mentioned by kitty18.
- The next question is also painfully 10 marks. You need to evaluate your alternative study. This is where the issues I mentioned earlier come in handy. You need to make sure you cover as many issues as possible, esp. (validity, ecological validity, demand characteristics, reliability, sample representativeness, method practical issues (funding, snapshot/longitudinal, control, extraneous variables, IV/DV), ethical issues (confidentiality, consent, harm, deception, debriefing, withdrawal).
NOTE: It is very important that your study is as ethical as possible and can be replicated
RECOMMENDATION: List down all the issues when designing your alternative study and eliminate each one of them so you can get them all covered.

Wish us all the best :)

So, basically if your study is perfect and covers all the issues
then what do you talk about when evaluating your study? :S
anddd can you give me a brief example as to how youd begin your answer?

in the sample paper theres a question regarding the briefing questions asked in the study by Dematte, about odors affecting facial attractiveness.
the question asks to discuss the practical and ethical issues.
what are practical issues?

Pleeeease reply! Thankyou :)