• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

PTB BLOCKED!!!

Reaction score
Guys I can't access the Piratebay. It says its blocked in Pakistan, same message as Youtube. Can someone confirm ?

Reaction score
Guys I can't access the Piratebay. It says its blocked in Pakistan, same message as Youtube. Can someone confirm ?

Don't know about you but I've seen piratebay get blocked several times (same message as youtube) for an hour or so. But, this time it's serious, most torrent sites have been blocked; tumblr and some other websites are also being considered to be 'blocked'.
I guess it's time to download VPNs and start using them permanently.

Reaction score
Don't know about you but I've seen piratebay get blocked several times (same message as youtube) for an hour or so. But, this time it's serious, most torrent sites have been blocked; tumblr and some other websites are also being considered to be 'blocked'.
I guess it's time to download VPNs and start using them permanently.

I've been using it for almost 3 years now but this is the first time I've encountered a ban. Heck I used it just yesterday. Let's just hope it's a short ban. Otherwise this just proves that the government has completely lost it. I mean torrent sites cause quite a stir in Europe and the US where lots of people have genuine reasons to have them closed down but even then most of the sites are still accessible. But what reasons can our government possibly have ? I don't think that anti-piracy laws even exist in Pakistan. To say this is mind boggling is a gross understatement.

Reaction score
I've been using it for almost 3 years now but this is the first time I've encountered a ban. Heck I used it just yesterday. Let's just hope it's a short ban. Otherwise this just proves that the government has completely lost it. I mean torrent sites cause quite a stir in Europe and the US where lots of people have genuine reasons to have them closed down but even then most of the sites are still accessible. But what reasons can our government possibly have ? I don't think that anti-piracy laws even exist in Pakistan. To say this is mind boggling is a gross understatement.

I've used it for about 2-3 years myself, I've only encountered this problem with 'World Call', no other connection. My main source of downloading torrents is piratebay. They have lost it, reason: corruption and piracy. -_-

Reaction score
I've used it for about 2-3 years myself, I've only encountered this problem with 'World Call', no other connection. My main source of downloading torrents is piratebay. They have lost it, reason: corruption and piracy. -_-

Spot on.

Reaction score
It is banned, but not on all internet connections. Only by some. There has been no official nation-wide ban on this website, or any other torrent website.
But some internet service providers have been carrying out a routine of blocking websites. I have seen many non-torrent sites get blocked too.
So it's gone for good.
You have a few options. Either you can stop using it, or you can access it some other way: changing i.p address, proxy, etc.

Reaction score
mine is as unblocked as it ever was :confused:
im using ptcl :)
blocking is so stupid, everyone knows proxy, its just a waste of time :mad:

Reaction score
use china-proxy.org for now.
The only thing our government achieves by doing this is to further fill the pockets of proxy sites, and vpn developers -_-
Let's hope they unblock it